buyer want to ship to a different address.

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I didn't use ebay for a very long time, now I am back! that's so many new rules.

I sold a bag on ebay and buyer paid immediately. Then she told me to hold on to the parcel as she needed time to decided on which address to send to. So, my question is if she want the bag send to a different paypal/ebay address, do I need to cancel the trade, relist with BIN for her to buy again? I read some stories about you cannot just refund via paypal?

Also does paypal seller protection valid if I am not even live in USA?

thanks all.

She needs to put whatever address she decides to use on her PP account so it shows ship to that address. Not sure if she needs to do that on Ebay as well, but definitely with PP.
You shouldn't have to cancel the transaction unless she fails to make the necessary changes to her account(s).

She needs to put whatever address she decides to use on her PP account so it shows ship to that address. Not sure if she needs to do that on Ebay as well, but definitely with PP.
You shouldn't have to cancel the transaction unless she fails to make the necessary changes to her account(s).

So she can just login to her PP and change the address detail ? No need to refund and repay ?

So she can just login to her PP and change the address detail ? No need to refund and repay ?
No, wrong. Once the paypal payment is made, that's the address you have to ship to for seller protection.

In order for the buyer to change the address, it needs to be done before payment is made so the OP would need to issue a full refund, buyer would have to repay but correct the address before completing the payment.

No, wrong. Once the paypal payment is made, that's the address you have to ship to for seller protection.

In order for the buyer to change the address, it needs to be done before payment is made so the OP would need to issue a full refund, buyer would have to repay but correct the address before completing the payment.

Thanks. I told her what I have to do if she wants to send to a different address. She said she will consider and get back to me. She paid for the bag already. Is there anything I need to worry ? Or give her a time limit to make up her mind ? The eBay thing makes me so worry.

Thanks. I told her what I have to do if she wants to send to a different address. She said she will consider and get back to me. She paid for the bag already. Is there anything I need to worry ? Or give her a time limit to make up her mind ? The eBay thing makes me so worry.
You need to ship within your handling time.

If you don't hear by tomorrow, I'd send another note saying that ebay requires you to ship by (whatever date) so if you don't hear back by (Sunday night?/Monday morning?), you'll ship to the address on record. If she wants to ship to a different address, you'll have to refund her payment (but it will cost you 30 cents PP service charge) and she can pay again, this time putting it the desired address.

It sounds like she's still using the original address so she might just decide to have you ship to that one.