Buyer returned item without asking

Fenix you are right. Pay Pal says to work with the seller. If that means you send the item back with dc and can prove it when you file (even if you sent it before filing), Pay Pal will accept the dc as proof of return. It happened with me returning something for my baby girl. No problem at all.

BTW, isn't it moot now? Buyer agreed to a restocking fee and seller is happy that it was resolved.

oooh, I saw the case closed but now notice "The buyer has declined the seller's request to cancel this transaction."

I am glad I asked for a restocking fee because then I would have lost money on the return!

oooh, I saw the case closed but now notice "The buyer has declined the seller's request to cancel this transaction."

I am glad I asked for a restocking fee because then I would have lost money on the return!
Wow, why did she decline? Maybe she wasn't happy about the restocking fee -.-

It was right to charge a fee even if she agreed to cancel... people shouldn't be allowed to buy things which were accurately described and then return them without a word.

I think in most cases with buyers just returning stuff without contact it is merely a case of buyer's remorse and nothing more, if there truly is an issue with an item that you buy on ebay you are gonna try to resolve it as soon as you get the item usually, not 30 days later even if it is allegedly a gift for someone else. I have had people do this before, in one instance I am pretty sure the person even wore the item then returned it. People are just extremely dishonest and this economy is making more and more of them that way.

REALLY good thing you charged the restocking fee! Perhaps she didn't accept the cancellation as revenge because of the fee? Who knows...but at least you're done with her now!

Was she nice in her messages? Perhaps if it is the fact that she was clueless you could send her a message explaining what the cancellation is for? But then again at this point you probably just want to be done with her and this whole thing!

she was nice but still making me crazy. the tone was same as the 1st message I posted. she seemed grateful for the refund.

the good news is I managed later to sell the bag for more than her bid, so everything ends OK. :yes: thank you for the help!

OP, just so you know, you can't say "No Returns" in your auctions. Well actually you can but you can't enforce it. If the buyer files with Paypal they'll force you to refund. "No Return" policies are meaningless as far as Paypal is concerned. Glad you were able to sell your bag again!

OP, just so you know, you can't say "No Returns" in your auctions. Well actually you can but you can't enforce it. If the buyer files with Paypal they'll force you to refund. "No Return" policies are meaningless as far as Paypal is concerned. Glad you were able to sell your bag again!

Yes, I know. I have been on ebay for 10 years. I never say "no returns." I picked "returns allowed" in the dropdown, and I say "returns allowed only if the item has been grossly misrepresented." Ebay does allow you to say "returns not allowed' in their own dropdown menu.

this was not a SNAD issue. it was exactly as described.

all sales final.. returns allowed ..no returns allowed.. when a buyer has something

she doesn't want, more, likely than not nothing is wrong.. they just contact their

credit card company and simply do a chargeback.. buyer's remorse?? what's that..???

they simply do what they want with little if any regard for the seller....