Buyer left neutral feedback without contacting me?

CSamoylov

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
I know this is somewhat silly but I thought it was kind of odd so I wanted to reach out here where some of you ladies may be able to provide some input.

I recently sold a Franceso Biasa bag in yellow for $49.99. The buyer asked me if it had glitter in it (I think because of the reflection in the photos). I responded and told her no, it's just a mustard yellow.

She received the bag a few weeks ago and today she leaves a neutral feedback, " Wasn't what I expected" . She has 8 feedback. Should I respond to the feedback?

Just bums me out because I work really hard to maintain 100% positive fb. Although, this doesn't discount that it still stinks to see a neutral.

Thoughts? Am I overreacting? Thanks ladies!

Honestly, it would bug me too. I really don't know what to tell you about that.

Thank goodness it is not a negative though. I received my first negative due to a buyer not reading the measurements; she wanted to return due to it's size and I turned her down (because I never accept returns unless I made a mistake). The measurements were plainly in the listing.
Since it is neutral, IDK whether to tell you to shrug it off or reply. If it were me, being a neutral, I would shrug it off.

Honestly, it would bug me too. I really don't know what to tell you about that.

Thank goodness it is not a negative though. I received my first negative due to a buyer not reading the measurements; she wanted to return due to it's size and I turned her down (because I never accept returns unless I made a mistake). The measurements were plainly in the listing.
Since it is neutral, IDK whether to tell you to shrug it off or reply. If it were me, being a neutral, I would shrug it off.

Thanks. You're probably right. If I reply I'm afraid she might say something that could be damaging to my eBay reputation true or false. I'll just let it go after awhile all the positives and no one will notice a pesky neutral. ;)

I don't think a neutral has too much impact with other potential buyers..

as hard as it might be, do agree to shrug it off... it stings for a moment

but then goes away...and yes the positives do outweigh a neutral, IMO

Just leave a follow-up comment. Stating 'this new buyer never contacted me, uncertain about this comment~ all was clearly explained in auction' - or something like that. And try to let it go. Silly newbies don't understand the feedback codes of conduct!! Errrgh. Try to forget it, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and at LEAST she didn't turn into one of those pains who wants to return/threaten negative comments because she simply didn't love it. :smile:

What does her other fb left for others look like? Usually newbies don't get that neutral is bad.....they just see it as the transaction (or item) was not bad, but there was nothing outstandingly special about it either, so it was average--- hence the neutral. Ebay certainly does nothing to 'teach' them what fb really is and how it is interpreted.

If it were me, I'd send her a message with a polite note: "Hey, noticed that you left feedback about the bag and wasn't happy with it. I'd like to resolve this issue, so let me know if there's anything I can do." Then if she responds you can broach the subject of her changing or removing her feedback. And if she doesn't, then I would just respond to the feedback (like other posters mentioned), and shrug it off. If I were a potential buyer, a neutral (or even a neg) from a newbie doesn't hold much weight.. unless it's written in a detailed way OR the seller already gives off crazy vibes ;).

one buyer left me a neutral feedback that said great transaction... some people don't understand the ratings...
even with a neutral you can still have 100% feedback
don't worry too much about it
i don't look too much into neutrals when checking out sellers i might buy from, mostly negatives

If it were me, I'd send her a message with a polite note: "Hey, noticed that you left feedback about the bag and wasn't happy with it. I'd like to resolve this issue, so let me know if there's anything I can do." Then if she responds you can broach the subject of her changing or removing her feedback. And if she doesn't, then I would just respond to the feedback (like other posters mentioned), and shrug it off. If I were a potential buyer, a neutral (or even a neg) from a newbie doesn't hold much weight.. unless it's written in a detailed way OR the seller already gives off crazy vibes ;).
I agree...

People like that suck and so does ebay's FB policy of sellers not being able to leave anything but positive.

Just because it wasn't what she expected is not your fault.

Gah! I hate ebay. I really, really would like something to become actual competition for them.

Thanks. You're probably right. If I reply I'm afraid she might say something that could be damaging to my eBay reputation true or false. I'll just let it go after awhile all the positives and no one will notice a pesky neutral. ;)

Yes, definitely shrug it off. It will look like what it is - somebody who just figured a neutral means everything is o.k. Any reply you might give won't make it look better and might make it look worse.

Yeah, this just happened to me too. I had a ton of pics, had accurate description, and shipped right away. The buyer didn't communicate during or after the sale. The buyer wrote a positive comment, but gave me neutral. I requested the feedback to be changed with the buyer, so we shall see what happens.

I had my first other than positive from one buyer who left two neutrals and gave me my first 1's in DSR because I didn't ship free (I did combine shipping and gave a big refund on shipping, even though I didn't state this in the auction); they thought I could send in an envelope that would have broken the items instead of in a box that I paid half the shipping cost for. This was from a re-seller who knows what they were doing was just pure meanness. Go figure.

I had my first other than positive from one buyer who left two neutrals and gave me my first 1's in DSR because I didn't ship free (I did combine shipping and gave a big refund on shipping, even though I didn't state this in the auction); they thought I could send in an envelope that would have broken the items instead of in a box that I paid half the shipping cost for. This was from a re-seller who knows what they were doing was just pure meanness. Go figure.

Go figure is exactly right....but what goes around comes around..

Someone will do the same to her!!:smile: