Buyer hasn't left feedback

May 26, 2007
Hi All,

I'm new to selling on ebay and I just recently sold a bag on December 10th. The buyer paid me on December 13th and I shipped the bag the next day with delivery confirmation and even got insurance. I checked through USPS delivery confirmation and it says that the bag was delivered, but I have yet to receive any feedback from the buyer. Is this common? I sent her an email just to double check that she had received the bag and was happy with it and I also asked for her to leave me feedback if she was happy with her purchase as I am new to selling. I want to message her again, but I don't want to be annoying. What should I do? Just forget it?

Approximately 33% of buyers do not leave feedback. Do not ask for it as some buyers can get unhappy with being asked.....not sure why, but they do.

Just wait, it will come or it won't.

Don't message her again, I wouldn't have even the first time because you can open up a can of worms that might not have otherwise. Have you left feedback for her? I get irritated when sellers ask for feedback but haven't left it themselves. Remember, feedback is voluntary and it is a busy time of year, she's probably forgotten for now. Fingers crossed she'll leave you feedback soon. Good luck! :smile:

Linda

Don't message her again, I wouldn't have even the first time because you can open up a can of worms that might not have otherwise. Have you left feedback for her? I get irritated when sellers ask for feedback but haven't left it themselves. Remember, feedback is voluntary and it is a busy time of year, she's probably forgotten for now. Fingers crossed she'll leave you feedback soon. Good luck! :smile:

Linda

Thanks for the advice girls! I did leave her positive feedback. I get the impression she is a little slow with ebaying. I will just wait!

Some people are just really slow at leaving feedback and also we're still in the holidays so she might be busy with other things right now. If she left feedback on other purchases there's a good chance she will do it for you too.

It seems like buyers are leaving FB less and less. They could be busy, and sometimes you get FB like a month later. I usually leave FB much later, even if they don't. Silence tends to mean everything is ok. :shrugs:

Approximately 33% of buyers do not leave feedback. Do not ask for it as some buyers can get unhappy with being asked.....not sure why, but they do.

Just wait, it will come or it won't.

Agree here.. if your buyer is going to leave feedback she would have

done so.. perhaps, on your next transaction, you can e-mail your buyer

and say that you do leave feedback and would appreciate if they

would do the same..but there are no guarantees

Hi I am also new to selling the only things I ever sold were two bags and neither one left feedback, which I really wish they had to help my selling feedback score but I figured no news is good news

I'm a kind of new to eBay, too. The last two things I sold haven't received feedback, but feedback for them would really help me in the future :/. I really look forward to feedback. One thing I did notice was that the last 2 things I sold were international, but I'm not sure that has much to do with no feedback.

As a buyer, I don't always leave feedback, and as a seller, I don't really care a great deal. Of course I'm well beyond the newbie stage though where it might matter a great deal.

Right now I have two feedbacks I can leave, but I honestly can't remember which one of them wrote that they'd be happy to leave feedback for me if I left it for them with five stars in every category. If they just hadn't put in the "five stars" thing, I'm 99% sure I would have left feedback already.

It can be really frustrating as a seller to have your buyers not leave feedback, I totally understand. I have been on Ebay for 10 years now, but just recently amped up my selling. As a result, the last few payments I have recieved have been put in a "pending hold" with paypal, until my buyer leaves positive feedback OR 21 days have passed. I hate harassing my buyers for feedback, but now in order for me not to have to wait 3 weeks for my money, I kind of need them to. I usually email once after I know the package has been received, let them know I will be leaving them positive feedback, and then ask them to kindly do the same. I don't email again, and it does seem to be about 3 out of 10 people just never respond or don't leave feedback. I feel like a better buyer now, because if I am happy I make sure to leave positive feedback asap, so if they are in the same position as me, they can get their money! Sorry for the long post, I just totally understand your frustration right now, especially when you are new to selling and trying to build up your detailed seller ratings. Good luck, hopefully your buyer will leave feedback for you after the Holiday Season is over!

Right now I have two feedbacks I can leave, but I honestly can't remember which one of them wrote that they'd be happy to leave feedback for me if I left it for them with five stars in every category. If they just hadn't put in the "five stars" thing, I'm 99% sure I would have left feedback already.

I wouldn't leave feedback after that note either.

Linda

As a buyer I always leave feedback as soon as I can carefully look over my purchase. Almost all sellers have left feedback for me fairly soon after I do.

As a seller, I usually wait to leave feedback until the buyer does. I only sell on bonanzle so most buyers are very prompt about leaving feedback because we're all trying to build it up! :P

i'm 70% buyer and 30% seller. i have no problems leaving positive feedbacks for my sellers the minute i receive the items in the mail but with some of my buyers they seem to have issues with it. i have one buyer that never leaves feedback at all. i figured her main concern is just to get what she wants and she got it so it's still a win-win. after all she did purchase the item i was selling. just look at that point of view. :tup:

I would say don't worry about it...but DO keep your shipping receipts and proof that the item was delivered, just in case!!

As someone who sells more than buys, I would say that I usually receive feedback...but the 33% that don't leave feedback sounds like a pretty accurate figure.