What Would you buy

• 1 Big Purchase of leather or runway piece

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Buy the smaller purchases 1st

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

rukia0814

May 16, 2014
I started buying brand new from luxury items around 1.5 years ago. Since then I had 10 bags already.
Recently I exchanged my speedy empreinte to a speedy b 25 and alma bb in DE. (other LV bag is Neo Noe Mono Rose)

I realized I missed having a leather bag from LV that feeling of having something that is not what you usually see (here in my area) and I'm thinking of my next purchase.

Here is my dilemma, I'm thinking of buying a leather bag (or runway piece) and be on ban island or buy the canvas bags I want for now(I still want an Azur).

I'm currently looking for leather bag either Montaigne or Steamer PM or MM; I want a Capucines but I think I won't use it much.
Or wait for a runway piece I will truly like (currently digging the Blue Duffle Bag but should see it in person)

For Azur, I really want the Graceful but due to corners I'm looking at either speedy b 25 (i love my DE) or Neverfull

Option 1 Con: After buying a big purchase I might still want the smaller piece
Option 2 Con: I know I don't need that much bag and this will reduce my funds for option 1

I know this is a personal preference but just want to here thoughts of others that might enlighten my choice.
Thanks in Advance.

Well - I personally can’t handle putting that much money into one bag because I would stress about it too much, but if you are someone who could use and be carefree with it, a runway piece sounds fun!

Reactions: rukia0814
Some of the bags I have been looking at

Credit to IG people for the pics
Steamer MM in this color
Screenshot_20190227-093913_Instagram.jpg

Montaigne MM in Marine Rouge (may speedy emp is in MR and I miss this color)
Screenshot_20190227-093754_Instagram.jpg

Cannes in Rev Mono (loving it but not the price point)
Screenshot_20190227-094324_Instagram.jpg

Duffle Bag
Screenshot_20190227-111411_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190227-094610_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227-094610_Instagram.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 525
  • Screenshot_20190227-094610_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227-094610_Instagram.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Reactions: frenchyo8
Well - I personally can’t handle putting that much money into one bag because I would stress about it too much, but if you are someone who could use and be carefree with it, a runway piece sounds fun!

This is actually my dilemma with the Cannes Bag. I love it but not the price, the reverse mono is to so pretty, I saw the epi one but I think the reverse mono stands out more.

This is actually my dilemma with the Cannes Bag. I love it but not the price, the reverse mono is to so pretty, I saw the epi one but I think the reverse mono stands out more.

I turned this bag down, because it doesn’t even have any compartments. When it was “shown” for pre-order, it has 2 compartments inside. One smaller than the other, perfect for a cell phone. But on production, it’s just basically a bucket. For the price, it’s too plain on the inside.

I turned this bag down, because it doesn’t even have any compartments. When it was “shown” for pre-order, it has 2 compartments inside. One smaller than the other, perfect for a cell phone. But on production, it’s just basically a bucket. For the price, it’s too plain on the inside.

Yup it is simple but I don't know but I'm drawn into it. Maybe because I still want a reverse mono bag and the shape is not usual. But the price is what is holding me back. I'm just waiting if it would be available here locally then I'll take it as as a sign to buy it.

Some of the bags I have been looking at

Credit to IG people for the pics
Steamer MM in this color
View attachment 4354740

Montaigne MM in Marine Rouge (may speedy emp is in MR and I miss this color)
View attachment 4354741

Cannes in Rev Mono (loving it but not the price point)
View attachment 4354743

Duffle Bag
View attachment 4354779

I love that duffle in blue. I’m actually considering that myself when I go overseas next month. I should add that I’m moving away from so much canvas. The cracking issues are becoming a bit much for me. I’m finding myself gravitating towards the leathers also, but many of mine have been purchased in the preloved market.

I have lots of bags.. I was like you, always think to go big and I always did.. But at the end, I don’t really use my bag and keep buying bags that I can use for daily bag.. I have learned my lesson, now I only choose what I can wear daily. No point of having super expensive bag but just collecting dust..
I am trying to sell my leather bag, but fyi, it’s not as easy as selling canvas bag. :sad:

You're thinking many thoughts at once. If I were in your situation, I'd buy the bag I'll use immediately and constantly. I won't think about a big purchase if I don't get to use it that much. I have too many bags sitting pretty and idle in my closet and that's a very stupid thing.

Whichever you think you'll use the most, get that.

Thanks yup there is actually a debate going in my mind right now :smile: After having 3 small bags I'm done with weekend only bags; Agree on buying bag that I can use more often.