Buy It Now option still there after bid

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
I searched and searched for the answer to this, please forgive me if I did indeed miss the info.

I have two listings with a BIN option. Both listings have initial bid on them, but BIN is option is still available.

Has ebay changed this recently?

They did change the way it used to work. Like 6 months ago once there was a bid the BIN would dissapear but now it will remain until it reaches at least half of your asking price.

I searched and searched for the answer to this, please forgive me if I did indeed miss the info.

I have two listings with a BIN option. Both listings have initial bid on them, but BIN is option is still available.

Has ebay changed this recently?

Hi, yes they have. Whereas they used to eliminate the BIN option after the first bid, they no longer do that in the handbag category. I don't know at exactly what point they remove the BIN option because they have been changing that frequently. I recently sold a bag with a BIN of $1499 and the BIN option stayed up until the bidding went over $1000. BTW, I did have a reserve on the bag, so everyone is correct about that. Hope this helps!

I really like that the BIN stays up. I put lots of thought in my BINs and it used to frustrate me when it disappeared with that very first low bid.
I think it's one of the only changes on eBay that I like!!

It's soooo weird. I listed something for DH for $20 start bidding and $45 BIN. Someone placed a bid then BIN disappeared! It hasn't reached half of my BIN. I'm confused.

Well, I currently have a Chanel for sale with a starting price, NO reserve, and a BIN price. It hasn't quite reached half of the BIN price, but I will watch it and see when the BIN goes away. It ends tomorrow night, so we will know soon when the BIN disappears, at least in this type of situation. I'm confused, too!:s

It's soooo weird. I listed something for DH for $20 start bidding and $45 BIN. Someone placed a bid then BIN disappeared! It hasn't reached half of my BIN. I'm confused.

What was the item? I think right now they are only trying it out in certain categories, other categories is still the old way where BIN goes away with the first bid.