Buy birkin from Hermes Store Jakarta, Singapore, or Malaysia

The "waitlist" is apparently 4 years - but wait, the waitlist is closed indefinitely, so you now have to get on the waitlist to waitlist :amuse:

Although, if you have the time, just buy up big, get friendly with an SA and you'll likely get something. Otherwise, go to the resellers, you pay premiums but it might be lesser than what you have to spend to strike up that relationship. Given that Singapore/Malaysia/HK charge a hefty premium for items, it might just be cheaper to take that flight to Paris, New York or London kwim?

I don't think you will be able to find birkins in Singapore.. I have tried all shops already and the waiting list is for 2 years.. they give preference to regular customers ...

How much did u pay for de birkin in Kl?
:yahoo::yahoo::graucho::graucho:
Hi missBv
I certainly did not buy anything from the KL store. I just put my list down for a birkin and stated a few colours in Togo. But my other friend did buy quite a few birkins from the store including a croc.
Anyways now that I have bought the black B I am now offered a shoulder birkin end of the year and also a blue jean B...

My mom bought an Birkin 35 in ostrich leather palladium hardware 2 years ago from Jakarta, and it cost her Rp.210.000.000,- at that time. She said there was a long waiting list but she managed to get offered by the SA as she bought small little things from Hermes every week. So yeah, you gotta spend a xxx amount of purchase there to get "slightly" prioritized.

Sorry for bumping this thread after so long. But since Japan doesn't have waitlists and the price tag's the highest anywhere in the world, would it be worth it to buy direct from reseller vs from Japan?

Sorry for bumping this thread after so long. But since Japan doesn't have waitlists and the price tag's the highest anywhere in the world, would it be worth it to buy direct from reseller vs from Japan?

If there's still no waitlist in Japan, which I highly doubt based on stories posted in the forum, and don't care about color offered, I would say go for boutique. Otherwise I would choose resellers.

Nope, but based on other's experience, I think several resellers on ebay from Japan seem to be trustful
Thanks! Am really longing for a Kelly cut in an exotic skin. I'm about done with huge bags due to tendonitis (ironically, Jane Birkin of the Birkin bag fame also has to give up on larger bags due to the same issue).

Thanks! Am really longing for a Kelly cut in an exotic skin. I'm about done with huge bags due to tendonitis (ironically, Jane Birkin of the Birkin bag fame also has to give up on larger bags due to the same issue).

I have friends who have dealt with several Singaporean resellers and were happy with their purchases / transactions. Unfortunately I am not comfortable to recommend them here as I have not personally dealt with them. Perhaps do some research on resellers within as well as outside TPF and request for some feedback within the forum?

My personal transaction with a Jakarta-based one was smooth but I would have appreciated more honesty during the negotiation, something which came to my attention after the fact. I may not deal with this one again.