Burnt orange or pink patent pleated satchel dilemma....WHICH ONE????

Get both from coach and decide which one you want. You can later do the return in a different store...and don't be afraid to return! it's you money and specially that they did not send you coupon. Used their return policy as you drop lot on $$ in their store

^^^I don't think they will, Macy's and actual COACH are two totally different stores... someone correct me if I'm wrong??

I'm not sure, but I think you can occasionally get store credit by returning a Coach bag from a dept store to a Coach boutique...but it depends on the SA. I suspect if the dept store carries the bag, and it has the tag on it, they might return it unless it's a place like Bloomies or Dillards where they use the "required for return" yellow labels...

OK I'm totally biased here, but I vote for the burnt orange!!! I've been carrying mine from room to room as I clean and just looking and it and touching it! Its a great shade - no, its not bright orange, but I personally wouldnt want it to be. Its a medium pumpkin, and I even apple'd mine so its a little richer looking. Its comfortable, I have all of my stuff in the two side pockets and there is still the entire middle kissslock section if I were to need it. It is soft but to me it doesnt slouch much as the whole "framed" thing is making it stand up pretty much. Here are a couple of pictures of mine. I'm not a pink person, and having it in patent would make it even more trendy IMO. This is going to be a spring/summer bag for me, but I could certainly wear it year round with no problem.

Attachments

• burnt orange 001.jpg
    burnt orange 001.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 48
  • black wristlet 003.jpg
    black wristlet 003.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
I'm also debating on which version to get, as well. Leather Pleated or Patent? I'm worried about the shine of the patent and how much it'll last, but in your case, I suggest you get the pleated Orange.

OK I'm totally biased here, but I vote for the burnt orange!!! I've been carrying mine from room to room as I clean and just looking and it and touching it! Its a great shade - no, its not bright orange, but I personally wouldnt want it to be. Its a medium pumpkin, and I even apple'd mine so its a little richer looking. Its comfortable, I have all of my stuff in the two side pockets and there is still the entire middle kissslock section if I were to need it. It is soft but to me it doesnt slouch much as the whole "framed" thing is making it stand up pretty much. Here are a couple of pictures of mine. I'm not a pink person, and having it in patent would make it even more trendy IMO. This is going to be a spring/summer bag for me, but I could certainly wear it year round with no problem.

That's so pretty, Donnalynn!! I have that gold fishy too!! Your new one is SOO cute!! Your first pic...does that have your stuff in it, or is it still the packing materials??

I'm leaning more and more toward this bag I think. I'm going to call and check stock in both and then go from there. I'm also still trying to get a coupon, orr rather get them to honor it. We also got a call from Lord and Taylor about F&F, so I think I'll also check with them about getting this bag! It's just so beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics!!

baglady, I received both the Burnt Orange leather and the Pink patent. I didn't care for all of the wrinkles in the patent, so I returned it. The shade of pink was OK, but I could only imagine it without the patent shine. I think that would be beautiful!

BTW, I'm voting for the Burnt Orange!

I have several Vermillion/Geranium bags, so the Burnt Orange is a softer color and I love that about it. Also, I think the leather versions will stand the test of time, in terms of style and durability, just my opinion. And I'm not down on patent, because I have 2 Ergo Patent Hobos and a Patent Gigi.

But don't wait on Macys, buy the bag of choice now so that you don't miss it!

That's so pretty, Donnalynn!! I have that gold fishy too!! Your new one is SOO cute!! Your first pic...does that have your stuff in it, or is it still the packing materials??

I'm leaning more and more toward this bag I think. I'm going to call and check stock in both and then go from there. I'm also still trying to get a coupon, orr rather get them to honor it. We also got a call from Lord and Taylor about F&F, so I think I'll also check with them about getting this bag! It's just so beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics!!

Yes the first photo has my stuff in it. I have everything I need on a daily basis in there with lots of room to spare.

i would vote pink if it weren't patent but since it is i would go for burnt orange. they are both beautiful colors, but i prefer leather.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!

Ranskimmie, this is always my first instinct too, lol! And I have to say if the bag were leather, it would be a no brainer (even though I'd have to punish myself for buying another pink bag, lol). It's the patent aspect that bothers me.

Coachgrl, and TnC... this is my feeling exactly! I imagine this in the leather version. I haven't seen any of the patents in person other than the wristlet I had just briefly before I swapped it for the right one. It seemed ok, but it's also a wristlet, not a bag. I'm just not a huge fan of patent TBH. I only recently acquired the one patent bag that I have, in fact! I would say the orange color is nice, but I think I need to see it again. It hit me better than I thought it did, but still not sure I want to buy this one or wait for another color to come out. I'm 50-50 on it at this point. In any event my SA is going to hold one, as they are in transit now to the store, and hopefully I can make a decision over the weekend. As you know, I much prefer to purchase the bag in person. This just might be the thing that gets me to purchase from the boutique, but then again, I'm sure these will be available shortly from a dept store. I just think they will get mostly black and natural from what I have heard. Maybe that's not such a bad thing either. TBH, if I miss this one, I don't know that it's going to kill me. I'm not completely in the "gotta have it" mode, at least yet!

Donnalynn, thank you! This helps a lot. I was wondering what the bag looked like with your own contents. I'm not worried about space so much as how it slouches (does it go flat) without the packing. I thought it looked very beautiful on the shoulder with all the packing materials, but like a dork, I put it back on the counter without removing them and trying with just my stuff! Then when I called the store back, the customer return had already been sold....of course, lol!