Burberry your opinion

Selena

O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
13,820
37
I am thinking about getting a large burberry nova tote for my birthday and this would be my first burberry. How do they hold up? I am spoiled by the longevity of LV. I noticed that they are coated and seem to be pretty durable. Are they ok to take out in the rain?
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Selena
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,369
56
They're definitely okay to take out in the rain. Whereas LV is coated canvas, the Burberry totes are made of a tough nylon exterior.

The only thing about the totes is that I can't justify the price and the workmanship. The handles aren't even real leather, they're just PVC.
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,369
56
Selena said:
Thanks for the info. I am on the burberry website and they are stating handles and trim are leather. Where are you getting your information about the handles?????

Selena

Go to Neiman Marcus. They state the handles are PVC. Also, I owned a Burberry tote (just sold it a couple weeks ago on Ebay) and the handles were definitely not real leather.

I bought my Nova Check at the height of their popularity about 4 years ago so maybe by now they've switched to real leather, or perhaps the large totes come with real leather.
 

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
87,994
17,132
I have had the same Nova check tote for about 4 years now - I carried it for about 3 religiously. Mine still looks like it's new and I still get a ton of comments about it when I wear it. It has been AMAZING quality!
I clean it w/ baby wipes when it starts to show a little dirt and it looks brand new again!
Mine has 2 big compartments seperated by a zippered pocket thingy in the center.
 
Jan 10, 2006
3,627
9
Selena said:
I am thinking about getting a large burberry nova tote for my birthday and this would be my first burberry. How do they hold up? I am spoiled by the longevity of LV. I noticed that they are coated and seem to be pretty durable. Are they ok to take out in the rain?
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Selena

I actually bought a Burberry over the weekend, but it was from the Prorsum line. Anyways, I looked at a couple of Novachecks too. The ones I looked at ALL had leather trim/handles/etc. If you're not sure you could always ask.
 

Cristina

Member
Oct 23, 2005
12,994
39
IntlSet said:
They're definitely okay to take out in the rain. Whereas LV is coated canvas, the Burberry totes are made of a tough nylon exterior.

The only thing about the totes is that I can't justify the price and the workmanship. The handles aren't even real leather, they're just PVC.

I agree about the prices. The handles on my small tote aren't in that great of shape, and I've only had the bag for two years, and I don't use it that often :suspiciou It is a cute bag, though. I get a lot of compliments when I carry it.
 

love2shop

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
718
0
IntlSet said:
They're definitely okay to take out in the rain. Whereas LV is coated canvas, the Burberry totes are made of a tough nylon exterior.

The only thing about the totes is that I can't justify the price and the workmanship. The handles aren't even real leather, they're just PVC.
Your kidding! For the prices Burberry charges, they should at least use leather not PVC or whatever thats called...imho:smile:
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,369
56
Well, I definitely did *not* have a fake and I assure you that the handles were *not* leather.

I suppose Burberry must have changed materials sometime in the past 4 years.

From Neiman Marcus:
A go-anywhere tote in classic Burberry check.

• Novacheck-print PVC.
• Black top handles.

It doesn't specify leather or non-leather, but my whole tote was PVC!

However, I'm glad they're using leather now. Enjoy your tote bag!!!
 
Jan 10, 2006
3,627
9
IntlSet said:
Well, I definitely did *not* have a fake and I assure you that the handles were *not* leather.

I suppose Burberry must have changed materials sometime in the past 4 years.

Hi IntlSet--

I hope you didn't think I was inferring that you had a fake. I was just commenting on the prevalence of fakes with PVC. It's likely that with Burberry's resurgence they've changed materials to be more competitive.
 
Top