Burberry Westminster

Woah from 4 to 10 ? That is huge difference! Damn it how it can be that big ? I wouldn't though by wearing the Westminster one must size down a lot :lol:

So you could have gone to 8 size but ended up for a 10 ? Why did you pick up size 10 and what alterations did you do on the coat? Do you wear your trench often wear you are from ?

And yes I am wearing a suit jacket underneath the coat. Maybe it is easier to spot the suit jacket from these pictures? I worn a suit and tie because I was attending a special event and meeting from work. View attachment 5846651View attachment 5846652

And yes looking at your trench coat it seems that buttons are lighter than mine. On my trench coat I do have more mild balance button colors between light and dark.

Looking on Google and according to pictures it seems that women trench coat versions have slightly lighter buttons compared to men. But at the same time I see some trench coat for women with buttons just like me. So I really don't understand :huh:

Could be it is very unique to each coat. Some have lighter button colors and some like me are more balanced? I know back in the 2000s and 2010s khaki/beige trench coat used to have black buttons. Maybe it just some random details :amuse:

Here is some close up view over the color from buttons of my trench coat
View attachment 5846658
The size 10 I picked up as I tried the 8, loved it, but it felt ever so slightly tight around the shoulders when wearing a thicker jumper or cardigan underneath. I had the sleeves taken up and the back slightly taken in.
The Westminster however, in all its oversize glory :lol: can seemingly take any amount of layering!
Thb, looking at pictures, the women's coats seem to differ more between styles than the men's and I suspect you wouldn't have to size down quite as much if you were to get the men's Westminster.
I've got to admit I prefer the slightly darker buttons on your trench compared with those on my coats. I think it gives a bit more character, the light ones can look a bit bland IMHO.

Well looking on Google it seems the button colors are just random and different from coat to another one. I like better now than before when they used to be all black. Buttons from your coat may look a little bit hidden from the coat, it is true. While mine seem to be a bit more highlighted and to give a bit more light to these small details. Maybe somebody from Burberry could know why and in what buttons may differ ? :huh:I guess it is just the evolution of the coat itself from years to years.

Yes women trench seem to be very much more different from one model to another one . Chelsea or Waterloo. Maybe as a woman you have much more different body shape than men and you are therefore looking for more variety in the coat you want to wear compared to men who are mostly looking for a straight and normal structure and shaping coat. Women can rally afford to have a very slim or loose coat according to your shape or the way you want to look and wear your trench coat. For men it is a bit more difficult I would say.

Which one of your trench do your prefer to wear Kensington or Westminster? It seems that these 2 trench are very difficult from each other in term of shape and style that depending your look/outfit you will either wear the Kensington or the Westminster?

One outfit that I like to wear is my trench and a hoodie. It breaks the whole class and strictness from the coat to give a more relaxed look. Just a perfect balance between elegance, timeless garment and chill outfit. :cool:

But where I live or throughout my own experience I haven't seeen so far many men wearing a trench coat. It seems to be that this coat is not for everyone. Or people don't dare to wear such a visible garment. Because indeed once wearing a trench coat you really must be confident and assume it. It is a coat that highlights you and you will basically be seen compared to more classic and darker color coat.

I am still wondering. Well we could talk a lot about the trench.

Well looking on Google it seems the button colors are just random and different from coat to another one. I like better now than before when they used to be all black. Buttons from your coat may look a little bit hidden from the coat, it is true. While mine seem to be a bit more highlighted and to give a bit more light to these small details. Maybe somebody from Burberry could know why and in what buttons may differ ? :huh:I guess it is just the evolution of the coat itself from years to years.

Yes women trench seem to be very much more different from one model to another one . Chelsea or Waterloo. Maybe as a woman you have much more different body shape than men and you are therefore looking for more variety in the coat you want to wear compared to men who are mostly looking for a straight and normal structure and shaping coat. Women can rally afford to have a very slim or loose coat according to your shape or the way you want to look and wear your trench coat. For men it is a bit more difficult I would say.

Which one of your trench do your prefer to wear Kensington or Westminster? It seems that these 2 trench are very difficult from each other in term of shape and style that depending your look/outfit you will either wear the Kensington or the Westminster?

One outfit that I like to wear is my trench and a hoodie. It breaks the whole class and strictness from the coat to give a more relaxed look. Just a perfect balance between elegance, timeless garment and chill outfit. :cool:

But where I live or throughout my own experience I haven't seeen so far many men wearing a trench coat. It seems to be that this coat is not for everyone. Or people don't dare to wear such a visible garment. Because indeed once wearing a trench coat you really must be confident and assume it. It is a coat that highlights you and you will basically be seen compared to more classic and darker color coat.

I am still wondering. Well we could talk a lot about the trench.
I'm still deliberating, I like them both but in some ways, I just love the Westminster, there's something very feminine in the slouchiness and it falls better at the front when unbuttoned compared with the Kensington.

It's funny you should mention the combo of hoodie and trench, that's something I'm definitely planning to do once the temperatures get a bit cooler!