Burberry Westminster

Miss_K

O.G.
May 31, 2007
Dear all,
I'm on the lookout for a somewhat oversized Burberry trench in a classic beige. I already have a Harbourne in black and a tropical gabardine oversize variety (seasonal SS17 I believe) in a pinkish shade. I love both coats and leaning towards the more relaxed fit of the pink trench. I've tried on the currently available heritage Waterloo but it isn't as relaxed as the one I have. Found the Westminster online, but it seems to be a discontinued range for women.
Does anyone here have any experience with this model? From the pictures it looks a lot more like the one I'm trying to emulate but I'm a bit hesitant as I can't try it on...
Many thanks

the Wesinster trench coat will be a bit oversized and looking like a coat on top something you are wearing or like a sheet added on your shoulder. While a different model like the Kensington while be still relaxed but more straight structure. The Chelsea will be maybe way too slim for you. I suggest you to contact Burberry store and see if you could try a coat while ordering one.

I do have a kensington and love how structured is the coat and the shape it gives me when I am wearing it. Not too slim and close to my body but not too oversized.

Last edited:
the Wesinster trench coat will be a bit oversized and looking like a coat on top something you are wearing or like a sheet added on your shoulder. While a different model like the Kensington while be still relaxed but more straight structure. The Chelsea will be maybe way too slim for you. I suggest you to contact Burberry store and see if you could try a coat while ordering one.

I do have a kensington and love how structured is the coat and the shape it gives me when I am wearing it. Not too slim and close to my body but not too oversized.
Thank you! Since posting, I managed to find a honey coloured Westminster on VC for a very good price and got it on chance. It didn’t disappoint, absolutely love it! It’s just the right shade of oversized and I love the length despite being petite myself (sits mid/lower calf). Then, by acccident, managed to find a Kensington (the newer model with light buttons and the darker vintage check lining) and splurged on that too… Not sure which I like better, I think they both have their areas of usage. The Westminster does slem superior for layering though given how generous it is in the shoulders.

• Love
Reactions: Edonis06
This is the Westminster
Sorry for the bad picture...
View attachment 5840431
Yeah the picture doesn't show the full fit of the coat on you but that's already good ! :smile: we get to have an idea. The coat looks a long one though?

Can't wait to see more pictures and some from the Kensington :loveeyes:

Right now it is too warm for me to wear my trench coat. Guess I will have to wait for October

Reactions: Miss_K
Yeah the picture doesn't show the full fit of the coat on you but that's already good ! :smile: we get to have an idea. The coat looks a long one though?

Can't wait to see more pictures and some from the Kensington :loveeyes:

Right now it is too warm for me to wear my trench coat. Guess I will have to wait for October
Thank you! I live in Northern Europe so works wearing it already if you wear like a t shirt underneath. It sits mid- to lower calf IRL, it looks longer in the photo. Will post as soon as Kensington gets back!

As promised, here's the Kensington! I really like the fit, could have sized down but like that it's a bit roomy for later autumnal layering.

View attachment 5846155
Woah I love it ! You look gorgeous ! I think I prefer the Kensington over the Westminster but that's just own matter of preference lol yours coats are looking so good. The Kensington is looking more tailored and closer to your body but still having some room to not be to slim. And I do agree that according to where you live and your lifestyle it is nice to have some room if you ever want to wear a jersey or some layer underneath during winter time. I usually have enough room to put a jersey/sweater underneath and that's warm enough for me even during cold days. But I like that at the same time we can play with the belt to tight and shape the coat to our body line when we are just wearing something light like a simple shirt.

May I ask you which size did your order ? I wear a 46 kensington long :smile:

Here are pictures of my treanch coat worn for the the last time in April/may when we had not enough warmth and the weather was a bit chilly/rainy. Maybe I should share these outfits on an individual post or the thread Outfit of the day ? :huh:

Anyway it is awesome how a trench is amazing looking and enhance any outfit. :angel::heart:

20230527_004129.jpg20230530_023550.jpg20230527_003932.jpg

Reactions: Miss_K
@Edonis06 Your Kensington looks fab on you! :tup:It's just the right side of not too tight but not baggy either! Are you wearing a suit jacket underneath in the photos?

I've got the Westminster in a UK 4 and the Kensington in a size 10. The Westminster is very oversized, I've not been a size 4 for years... :lol: I could have gone for a size 8 in the Kensington but the 10 was a great deal even with the costs of the alterations.

Reactions: Edonis06
Btw, do you have any idea about the way the button colour works for these trenchcoats? It seems to be a bit variable tbh. Both of mine have lighter buttons, a bit like the vintage ones often have. But then there are loads from the same era (late Christopher Bailey and Ricardo Tisci) that have darker buttons (although not as dark as early Bailey/when the logo inside was of the equestrian knight). I'm a bit confused...

Woah from 4 to 10 ? That is huge difference! Damn it how it can be that big ? I wouldn't though by wearing the Westminster one must size down a lot :lol:

So you could have gone to 8 size but ended up for a 10 ? Why did you pick up size 10 and what alterations did you do on the coat? Do you wear your trench often wear you are from ?

And yes I am wearing a suit jacket underneath the coat. Maybe it is easier to spot the suit jacket from these pictures? I worn a suit and tie because I was attending a special event and meeting from work. 20230630_030847.jpg20230824_155318.jpg

And yes looking at your trench coat it seems that buttons are lighter than mine. On my trench coat I do have more mild balance button colors between light and dark.

Looking on Google and according to pictures it seems that women trench coat versions have slightly lighter buttons compared to men. But at the same time I see some trench coat for women with buttons just like me. So I really don't understand :huh:

Could be it is very unique to each coat. Some have lighter button colors and some like me are more balanced? I know back in the 2000s and 2010s khaki/beige trench coat used to have black buttons. Maybe it just some random details :amuse:

Here is some close up view over the color from buttons of my trench coat
20220407_123214.jpg

Last edited: