Burberry Trench

luvpurse

H fever!!!
O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
I went to try on Burberry trench at Burberry store and fall in-love with one single-breasted trench! I can't pull off double-breasted. It makes me look thick and short! I think I have to just forget about double-breasted jacket of any kind and stick with what's good on me.

Anyhow, do you know what the different between trench coat at Burberry shop and those at high-end dept (Saks, NM, Nord)? At the shop, the starting price is $945 and when I look at Saks/NM/Nord website, the price is around $700.

The SA at Burberry said those are discontinued item or it's not 100% cotton. I'm not sure if she is reliable though.

Last but not least, what do you think of Burberry trench? Worth it? They only have one style for single-breasted trench but my god, it looks to good on me that my DH was about to pull out the wallet if it's not $1395!! :sweatdrop:

I think she may be right - some of the styles are not 100% cotton and those are cheaper.
I think that a burberry trench is a classic that you will enjoy for many years - I don't have one but my mother does and she just looks superstyled every time she wears it. If you got the cash go for it, or save up for it!

Sorry i don't know what the difference between the trenches are. But all i know is that a Burberry trench is defiantely worth the money and it is such a classic.:yes: I l:heart:ve it.

I want a Burberry Trench too and was tempted to order one on-line from Neiman's or Saks (I can't remember which) last night. I don't know why they're less expensive in the department stores, but I don't think it is because they are old styles. Maybe Burberry makes certain styles exclusively for their own stores and other styles exclusively for Saks, etc. I think that where ever they come from they're all excellent quality and really a nice coat to have.

Have you looked on Burberry's website? Sometimes they have pretty good sales. I haven't looked lately, but right after Christmas they had tons of nice things marked down.

hmm, if you can wait, i would definitely try to wait on the coat right now because burberry does have sales twice a year, once i believe in june or july, and once after Thanksgiving (it used to be day after Christmas, but they are changing it up this year)

Thank you everyone for your comments. I buy the trench today. Here is the pic. I think I'm going to return it. It's a cool looking trench but after walking around the house on it, I just feel that the jacket overwhelm somehow. :crybaby:

Attachments

• IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 287
I'm the only one, I guess, who doesn't like Burberry trenches. I had one in white color, and returned it. I'm still searching for my perfect trench, not Burberry though, and definately not Marc Jacobs.