Burberry trench, looking to buy (UK based)

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
Hi ladies,

I'm usually found at the Mulberry forum but ever since Salikons bought her first Burberry it's come back to bug me that I should have bought one by now and haven't - friends all have them, not that I follow what my friends do of course. But I have always wanted a black trench coat, and one that sits just above the knee so thought I'd come visit you here to get your expert advice.

I tried Aquascutum for a black trench style coat but am not happy with that purchase - wonky stitching for starters!

So am back on the search, can someone tell me if the Ivybridge coat at Net-A-porter is the same coat as the Classic Trench listed on Burberry's website http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/...BLE-BREASTED-TRENCH/10000000009?colour=black?

Also I have been given the name of the outlets but I have not heard of any of these before so assume they are outlet specials, not sure if its worth visiting - has any one got a UK outlet special trenchcoat - the names I was given were:

OS Milan,
OS Sutcliffe,
and Hemswell (sp?)

Not too keen to make the journey out to the outlet if these coats aren't so great, has anyone seen these IRL?

Do you think the Ivybridge is worth the high price tag, currently £595?

Or should I be looking at another brand who produce just as good quality but without the 'premium brand price'?

Your thoughts welcome, thank you.

Last edited:
can someone tell me if the Ivybridge coat at Net-A-porter is the same coat as the Classic Trench listed on Burberry's website

I find it very hard to work out which trenches equate to which names- I think the best thing to do would be to ask customer services at Burberry.com or Net-a-porter.com.

I think that in the USA names are used (eg- Ivybridge/ Harbourne, etc etc), but in UK (and Europe) these names are not used. Instead the website uses names such as: Short trench/ Tailored trench etc etc etc.

To answer your question on this specific coat I would send a question to Net-A-Porter.

Or should I be looking at another brand who produce just as good quality but without the 'premium brand price'?

I just bought a "harbourne" trench (which I think could be described as the short ivybridge) in the sale. And I would say it is worth the price tag. It is the loveliest coat I have ever had ( and I have had other premium brands), the quality here is significantly better than any other coat I have ever had.

Last edited:
I tried the Harbourne in Sweden, and there they used that name. It was really lovely, and well made. it didn't come home with me this time, but perhaps next.

Hi ladies,

I'm usually found at the Mulberry forum but ever since Salikons bought her first Burberry it's come back to bug me that I should have bought one by now and haven't - friends all have them, not that I follow what my friends do of course. But I have always wanted a black trench coat, and one that sits just above the knee so thought I'd come visit you here to get your expert advice.

I tried Aquascutum for a black trench style coat but am not happy with that purchase - wonky stitching for starters!

So am back on the search, can someone tell me if the Ivybridge coat at Net-A-porter is the same coat as the Classic Trench listed on Burberry's website http://uk.burberry.com/fcp/product/clothing-accessories/Rainwear/CLASSIC-DOUBLE-BREASTED-TRENCH/10000000009?colour=black?

Also I have been given the name of the outlets but I have not heard of any of these before so assume they are outlet specials, not sure if its worth visiting - has any one got a UK outlet special trenchcoat - the names I was given were:

OS Milan,
OS Sutcliffe,
and Hemswell (sp?)

Not too keen to make the journey out to the outlet if these coats aren't so great, has anyone seen these IRL?

Your thoughts welcome, thank you.

Hi Maplecottage,
I was on the phone to customer services today, and asked- it's the same coat. It's 42 inches long, which is a bit too long for me :sad: