Burberry Factory Outlet in London - looking at getting a trench coat

annefwee

O.G.
Dec 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

I was searching for a thread on this but noticed it was a long time ago since that thread was created... wonder if anyone has been to one before? We are heading to London in April and I am a mission to hunt for a Trench coat. I didn't mind paying full price but since I read that you can get similar style at a discounted price... I won 't say no to some savings LOL. I am after a Kensington Trench so if anyone has been to one before please let me know if you remember the price. Would prefer the one near London rather than the Bicester village.

Many Thanks!!

Might not be helpful, but…in 2007/2008 I purchased a wool/cashmere duffle coat (no check lining) from an outlet in the USA (I cannot remember which one; it may have been Woodbury Commons?). I had wanted one for such a long time, but could not afford the full-price at the time (and just don’t like paying full-price if I don’t have to!). I wound up with a gorgeous coat that was made in England - which I still have! - and paid around $400 USD (and for some reason, there was no tax that day - I’m not American, so I don’t really know why lol). Even better, I saw the same coat several months later in one of the luxury malls in Michigan for just under $2000 USD!

I have been to the outlet in Toronto, Canada, a few times, and have seen pretty good deals on trenches (i.e., between $500-$800). Mind you, that was around 3+ years ago.

Not sure what you would pay in the UK, but I think if you are open to trying different styles - either made-for-outlet pieces, or previous seasons - then you will likely be able to find something that works well for you. The Kensington is stunning, but if you’re open to trying on other styles, you might find something even better, and save some money in the process (but of course, always go with the one you want the most!).

I’ve heard good things about the store in Bicester Village, but nothing about the other location - although I am sure they are both fine! Would you able to call the store(s) ahead of time to see if they have the Kensington or a similar style in stock?

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Reactions: IntheOcean
Yes! There is a large Burberry outlet store in Hackney. I went there and bought a stone colored trench coat in 2010 and then a black one in 2019. I can’t remember the name of the styles, but there are a lot of varieties there- long and short. I also purchased two wool coats as well.

Don’t know where you’ll be staying, but it was a worthwhile trip for me.

I have been to Bicester village and its a hit or a miss. I feel the outlets in the US are better ( woodbury commons is great!). Perhaps you can call the store and ask them to send you pictures of what they have before you make the trip. If you have an american express platinum card there is an additional discount of 10% at the burberry outlet in Bicester.

Back in 2016 we went to Bicester Village and was able to get a few things with great prices. You could always call them once you're in London to see what the prices for the coats are. Enjoy your trip.