Burberry clutch

nanski36

Feb 19, 2020
I received a Berberry clutch bag
20 years ago from my husband. However I would like to sell it as I don't use clutches as our lifestyle has changed. Can it be authenticated?
Should it be?

Did you ask your husband where he bought it? If not, start there. If wasn't Burberry, then you have reason to check further. It's illegal to sell a fake.

If you are doubting its authenticity, get it authenticated.

On a side note, unless you need the money, I would suggest that you keep it.

Burberry bags depreciate in value quite a lot unfortunately. If the standard is just a 15-25% drop in price, I would expect to start off at least a 30-50% drop for Burberry. They just don't hold value well. :sad:
You can search around on Fashionphile or TRR to get an idea.
When you bring it to consignment, it may be a bit of a shock to you at the price they may offer.

Good luck!

Hi, my husband says he remembers purchasing the clutch at Saks Fifth Avenue in Troy, Michigan, which is Detroits only Saks store. (I was not really wanting it but kept it anyway.
It was 2001. I know its authentic but I wonder if I should bother with authentication. I used it several times and after that I think it was becoming not stylish so its been shelved ever since. Clutches are popular again.

B7D3EE66-7E32-47CE-A35B-2CD52CC26A01.jpeg

D0EC1251-0FAA-465B-B8A1-543369E7B29C.jpeg

A025A67B-750A-41CF-AAEB-1C438B02900B.jpeg

9499563E-94A9-4BCF-A4CC-0AA25EE8DFD6.jpeg

If you are doubting its authenticity, get it authenticated.

On a side note, unless you need the money, I would suggest that you keep it.

Burberry bags depreciate in value quite a lot unfortunately. If the standard is just a 15-25% drop in price, I would expect to start off at least a 30-50% drop for Burberry. They just don't hold value well. :sad:
You can search around on Fashionphile or TRR to get an idea.
When you bring it to consignment, it may be a bit of a shock to you at the price they may offer.

Good luck!
I agree, 100%

Reactions: BreezyE