Burberry Belt Bag Longevity?

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Hey everyone,

This is my first post in the Burberry forum. I've recently fallen in love with the Belt Bag, and was wondering how long it might stick around, considering it's one of Christopher Bailey's last designs. Will there be more iterations of it in different colours released over time, or will they just vanish when Riccardo Tisci takes over? I'm a little nervous about this quote from https://www.businessoffashion.com/a...isci-is-the-new-creative-director-of-burberry :

"This includes the clearance of previous collections in the next two to three quarters; launching new campaigns and initiatives; presenting an impactful and bold collection at London Fashion Week in September; extend the new style to other product lines and lowering price points to reach a wider consumer base; and renewing the store network progressively."

It's not very specific, but the wording makes it sound like a full wipe.

Any input from those more knowledgeable about the brand would be great! :smile:

Do you currently have one or plan on purchasing one? If you like it, that’s all that matters.

Buy something that fits you rather than what is trendy or whether it will be discontinued. No bag styles will last that long nowadays.

Do you currently have one or plan on purchasing one? If you like it, that’s all that matters.

Buy something that fits you rather than what is trendy or whether it will be discontinued. No bag styles will last that long nowadays.

I'm asking from the perspective of "Do I buy right now with this current selection of colours that I'm not entirely in love with, or do I wait for more to be released?"

I don't know if any more will ever be released due to this being a Christopher Bailey design, and I was wondering if anyone had information about how long this design will actually remain available. That's what I meant by longevity -- not in terms of trendiness, but actual production lifespan of the design. Apologies for the confusion.

Hey everyone,

This is my first post in the Burberry forum. I've recently fallen in love with the Belt Bag, and was wondering how long it might stick around, considering it's one of Christopher Bailey's last designs. Will there be more iterations of it in different colours released over time, or will they just vanish when Riccardo Tisci takes over? I'm a little nervous about this quote from https://www.businessoffashion.com/a...isci-is-the-new-creative-director-of-burberry :

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but when I was in the Burberry boutique (in Natick Mall, MA) a few weeks ago, the SA told me the belt bags are going to become a “signature” bag for the brand and they will continue making them. I was pretty excited about this since I didn’t want to buy a bag that’s going to look outdated after the year is over.

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but when I was in the Burberry boutique (in Natick Mall, MA) a few weeks ago, the SA told me the belt bags are going to become a “signature” bag for the brand and they will continue making them. I was pretty excited about this since I didn’t want to buy a bag that’s going to look outdated after the year is over.
That true.
Was buying my 2 year ago and yeah they keeping making them to this days.It's just wonderful.Thanks guys that reminded me stapler.
Regards Topazy