Building Your Collection: The 5 Bags Every Girl Needs

I dunno. What's the difference between the Office Bag, the Catch All Tote, and the Everyday Bag? To me that's the same bag.

For me, the office bag is structured, simple and black (ysl muse). The tote is a fun, bright color (that would stick out like a sore thumb at the office) and way larger than any of the others with a huge opening so I can easily toss stuff in. And the everyday bag is my favorite: Balenciaga City with Giant Hardware :smile: It's a little too flashy for the office and not big enough to be good for the beach/shopping/etc so that's why it doesn't fit in the other categories!

Nice set of guidelines for a newbie. I would add from personal experience a nice little crossbody that could be same function as the casual/errands bag. So there's an excuse for somebody out there...:greengrin:

Reactions: Summerfriend
Woo hoo! Something new to look for! A catch all tote! For sure the spy bag die not hold my laptop! Maybe something I can put small amounts of groceries in? Like the Tory burch tote? I think I need a closure, like a zipper or flap. Hmmm... Thanks OP for giving me something new to look for as I haven't had much luck looking for boots. :smile:

This is a great list and exactly what I'm trying to limit myself to buying bags that serve different purposes. Unfortunately, I'm struggling right now between three that could qualify as "Everyday Favorites". :sad:

Thanks for the list! Love it and it totally makes sense. I need the office bag since I work in a more conservative environment. Let me know if anyone else finds good bags that can fit a laptop because thats quite a challenge!

Nice set of guidelines for a newbie. I would add from personal experience a nice little crossbody that could be same function as the casual/errands bag. So there's an excuse for somebody out there...

Very true - I find my crossbody indispensable. If I were to have added a 6th, that would have been it

Same with me! :smile: I find my LV Bloomsbury very functional for weekend use. I also sometimes use it for work :biggrin:

• The Slouchy Bag
This is the bag you reach for on lazy, comfy, casual days. It’s buttery soft and slings right over your shoulder making it the perfect companion for a quick trip out to the grocery store.
What to Look For: A hobo with a wide opening (so it’s easier to use) and roomy strap that sits comfortable on your shoulder. The softer the leather, the better the bag will fall, so look for leather you love.
Suggestions: Balenciaga Day, Bottega Veneta Hobo, Marc by Marc Jacobs Faridah Hobo, Rebecca Minkoff Nikki

Can anyone recommend something from Gucci or LV? ;)