Buffalo...... Hump. :(

jenbuggy85

I'd rather be thrifting.
O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
image.jpg So, I have a "head forward" position that I'm currently working on. Years of bad posture has lead me to having what's called a buffalo hump. From my understanding, it's a collection of fat and fibrous tissue that my body has collected in that spot to protect my spine. I've read about, and seen photos from some that have had lipo on this area with great success, but have yet to speak to any. Anyone here have this particular area worked on? I've been so self conscience for years, almost never putting my hair up, and if I do I wear a scarf around my neck. :sad: I'm 5'6" and a healthy weight, it's just always there no matter my size.

Here is a sample photo of what I'm speaking of. This is not me.

Have you been examined by a doctor? The hump could be a side effect of various medications, osteoporosis, or Cushing's Syndrome (rare but I know someone with it). Your doctor can help diagnose the issue and work with you on next step options. May not be as simple as liposuction. Best wishes.

I feel your self-consciousness because I have the same thing. I considered lipo but another skin procedure created some unsightly scar tissue and the doctor recommended no unnecessary surgery due to my skin creating scars. Other people would have more success, probably.

Good luck whatever you decide. I cover up too. No bare neck, I always have a collar or scarf.