Bubbling canvas on my Neonoe :(

While its true that it appeared that there were less defects on the old Canvas, LV has also gotten A LOT more popular in the last 5 years especially. We are also in a time with Youtube, Instagram, and of course, this forum. I don't think percentage wise they have a tremendous influx of defects, it just that any defects they do happen to have are magnified and spread much quicker nowadays. People who have pieces made in the last 5 years, like me, don't tend to make many posts on how their pieces are defect-free. On the flip side, we do post the potential defects and issues more often, mostly to see if others have the same problem/advice, etc. This can leave an impression that their quality is spiraling out of control. Not necessarily true. It is true, however, that there are more defects in the number of units because they are making more pieces, but I doubt the percentage is that much higher.

I still stand by my claim that the older canvas is superior. The reason I do is because I NEVER see anyone complaining about these current 'issues' with the canvas such as bubbling, peeling, etc. with the older (more than 10 years old and before) than they do with these newer canvases.
There are even people who pull out their older bags (sometimes more than 20 years old) and compare that canvas to the present day canvas and admit that the older is superior because it's thicker and they've never had any problems. I'm sure if there were those out there that have owned LV for more than 20+ years they would be happy to chime in here if they've had problems with their older bags.....you just very rarely see that.
Not to say that it never happens, it's just pretty rare.

Try using a white eraser (regular clean/new pencil eraser) in circular motion to see if it helps. It happened on my Neverfull and the SA used the eraser to clear it. But in my case it looked like it was peeling but it wasn't. Doesn't hurt to try on a small portion of the mark/peeling.

Reactions: fabuleux
what i don't understand is don't they use the same canvas on lots of styles???? why is this afflicting only certain styles? does it have to do with the fabric flexing more, ie on a bucket style or an artsy that folds in at the top? i have some really old lv bags with which seem to stand up to anything. i wish they had never gone to the thinner canvas.
There are many different types of canvas (thickness and pliability) used for different bags.

I still stand by my claim that the older canvas is superior. The reason I do is because I NEVER see anyone complaining about these current 'issues' with the canvas such as bubbling, peeling, etc. with the older (more than 10 years old and before) than they do with these newer canvases.
There are even people who pull out their older bags (sometimes more than 20 years old) and compare that canvas to the present day canvas and admit that the older is superior because it's thicker and they've never had any problems. I'm sure if there were those out there that have owned LV for more than 20+ years they would be happy to chime in here if they've had problems with their older bags.....you just very rarely see that.
Not to say that it never happens, it's just pretty rare.

Yep, their canvas used to be so thick and never wore the way it does now. My one year old Palm Springs mini has the floral pattern slightly rubbing off. Pretty unacceptable for the price. LVs demand is much higher these days with all the new bags they're introducing. They have amazing variety the other fashion houses don't. But if it's at the expense of quality what good is it? I've had soooo many quality control issues with LV the last couple years. I can appreciate change in a company and even the more flexible canvas that is comfortable for certain bags like the Palm Springs mini backpack. But again, if they're going to keep changing it they need to make sure it's going to keep customers happy. In 2007, I was content with one LV. The speedy. Now I've purchased some of the new pieces. And they wear well but none of them wear as well as that 2007 piece- which I sold because I'm just not a vachetta person. Like you said, there just weren't issues before the brand turned towards mass production and releasing all these new items. I hope they slow down a bit and focus on true quality again.

Yep, their canvas used to be so thick and never wore the way it does now. My one year old Palm Springs mini has the floral pattern slightly rubbing off. Pretty unacceptable for the price. LVs demand is much higher these days with all the new bags they're introducing. They have amazing variety the other fashion houses don't. But if it's at the expense of quality what good is it? I've had soooo many quality control issues with LV the last couple years. I can appreciate change in a company and even the more flexible canvas that is comfortable for certain bags like the Palm Springs mini backpack. But again, if they're going to keep changing it they need to make sure it's going to keep customers happy. In 2007, I was content with one LV. The speedy. Now I've purchased some of the new pieces. And they wear well but none of them wear as well as that 2007 piece- which I sold because I'm just not a vachetta person. Like you said, there just weren't issues before the brand turned towards mass production and releasing all these new items. I hope they slow down a bit and focus on true quality again.
That's a great point. Does LV want to be known for
fashion or how it used to be known; like indestructible, classic heirlooms. I think they can be known for both if they play their cards right. Maybe, dare I say, they can lose a bit of this mainstream popularity and that may be a good thing for their quality in the long run. They have the same number of factories and a much higher demand. Imagine how these artisans are pushed now compared to 5-10 years ago to get the most product out. Also, as they release new products, they are being retrained how to manufacture multiple pieces, unlike an artisan who has done only speedys for 20 years, as an example. Too many new releases.

Please let us know how you get on! Xx
So I have been to LV today with my bag bought on 28 th January - not even 5 months old and I have been refused the refund or exchange as their expert said it ' s a common thing happening to the corners - personally I think it 's only common since 2014 . Very disappointed, won't be buying new monogram canvas pieces, probably will opt out for vintage/preowned older pieces.

So I have been to LV today with my bag bought on 28 th January - not even 5 months old and I have been refused the refund or exchange as their expert said it ' s a common thing happening to the corners - personally I think it 's only common since 2014 . Very disappointed, won't be buying new monogram canvas pieces, probably will opt out for vintage/preowned older pieces.
I just found the same thing on two corners of my world tour Neverfull. This bag still looks brand new since I only used it a few times and I swear it wasn't there before I put it back in the dust bag last time. I took pics and sent them to the store manager. Why is this a common thing? I have a Neverfull in mono that I have had for over four years and I have used it a ton! Nothing white on any corners.

Wow, I would not accept that!

Wow! So sorry that happened to you. I agree, I would not accept that. There is a manager you can talk to, or maybe try a different boutique if possible. Also, LV does have a corporate office in NY, but not sure what type of outcome would result...

I had that same issue with my two Mono Artsys that were made and purchased in 2015. Neither had ever been used, when I discovered it. The first one was replaced by the second bag, which developed the peeling over time. I took it back to the boutique and it was deemed defective as well. I have to commend the boutique I shop at, the customer service is truly PHENOMENAL, thankfully.

Recently, I purchased a Mono PM online, and one of the corners and another area near the edge of the bag was peeling. I returned it immediately. I don't think it's normal, although it seems to be extremely common nowadays. I know LV changed their canvas, but again, don't think it's "normal." They really need to fix it!
Their prices are too high for that...