Brown bag lover needs a large black bag

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
Hi ladies,

Most of my bags are brown, but I am in need of a large black bag. I only have two nice black bags, but they're VERY small (Chanel black padded envelope flap and Gucci black GG print Newton bag). My two larger black bags are both hack-around Longchamp Le Pliage bags. I love Mulberry and YSL, so I've been eyeing a black east-west Bayswater as well as the YSL large Tribute tote. My problem with the Bayswater is that I think that the Mulberry leather looks better in brown (dingier in black). I also don't know if it would be appropriate for running to Starbucks in my Juicy sweats since it's so structured. My problem with the large Tribute tote is that I would have to hold it all the time... it doesn't have a gusseted bottom. It would be nice to find something slouchier than the Bayswater, but with a gusseted bottom with metal feet (unlike the Tribute). Any ideas?

Oh, my budget is <$1000

Well, it doesn't have gussets at the bottom, but I got a Mulberry Mitzy hobo in black (it also comes in a messenger and tote style) when I needed a casual black bag. As far as quality goes you really can't beat Mulberry!

Hi ladies,

Most of my bags are brown, but I am in need of a large black bag. I only have two nice black bags, but they're VERY small (Chanel black padded envelope flap and Gucci black GG print Newton bag). My two larger black bags are both hack-around Longchamp Le Pliage bags. I love Mulberry and YSL, so I've been eyeing a black east-west Bayswater as well as the YSL large Tribute tote. My problem with the Bayswater is that I think that the Mulberry leather looks better in brown (dingier in black). I also don't know if it would be appropriate for running to Starbucks in my Juicy sweats since it's so structured. My problem with the large Tribute tote is that I would have to hold it all the time... it doesn't have a gusseted bottom. It would be nice to find something slouchier than the Bayswater, but with a gusseted bottom with metal feet (unlike the Tribute). Any ideas?

Oh, my budget is <$1000

It's not YSL, but I live out of my Coach large Carly in black leather - it is huge (fits a laptop, gym clothes, pair of Louboutins for after-work and other essentials) and the style looks good with work clothes and gym clothes.