Brooklyn Messenger clubhouse

Aug 23, 2013
I couldn't find a clubhouse for this bag, so I decided to add one, as I've fallen in love with this bag.

First, a comparison of the sizes. Left - regular in Brindle. Right - small in Black. Both are the pebbled leather from the 2014 Bleecker line.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,139
Here are three in the regular size. Note that the lining color was black in the second issues - the earlier ones had coordinating lining.
Black with Antique Black hardware.
Gray with Antique Silver hardware
Brindle Pebbled with Antique Silver hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 674
The two with the smooth Legacy-style leather - nice and smooshy, but with a little structure from the lining and style. The hardware is very different.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 662
Reactions: finer_woman
The two pebbled - VERY chewy leather, even slouchier than the smooth above. The Brindle is a cool tan color. I wish the regular size came in the pebbled black with the silver hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 702
The small Brooklyn is quite small. Here it is in comparison to some previous bags:
Legacy Archival Rambler, and the Small Georgie. It's very similar to the Rambler, but slightly smaller.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 680
Wow nice selection of Brooklyns! Thanks for starting this thread. :smile:

I'm going to join since I still have it with me.

View attachment 2900115

This is the olive, right? I saw this one and the brick color at my outlet. I thought about buying the brick. If it had been more saturated, I would have. Both the olive and brick are "soft" versions of those colors. So I came home with the black smooth instead. I really like the pebbled Bleecker leather, though.

Aww. I love my mini brooklyn. View attachment 2900473

The purple is stunning.

Ya'll have nice collection of bag. This bag is awesome, I am joining in with brick in pebble leather.

Very nice.

Does anyone bother to close the flap straps? I don't usually. But I get annoyed when they start to curl up if they get pushed funny. I kind of wish they were only decorative and attached to the flap rather than the body of the bag.

But I think that's my only (minor) complaint about this bag. And I used to dislike flap bags.

Oh, nice to see!

I bought one over the weekend after returning a Bleecker mini duffle(great bag, nowhere near enough pockets for me)

Mine is in Loganberry... i had few choices, black, purple and then pretty sure it was the smooth grey...

I wanted this bag for spring/summer in others words when i want to pare down to the size of bag i really like to carry(small)

The most surprising thing is how much it holds despite the rather small stature, must be the design of the pockets... allowing every inch to be used.

IMG_6744_zpsdyeyivuf.jpg

IMG_6743_zpskao5u8ck.jpg

IMG_6742_zpsmw5vkvfr.jpg

Does anyone bother to close the flap straps? I don't usually. But I get annoyed when they start to curl up if they get pushed funny. I kind of wish they were only decorative and attached to the flap rather than the body of the bag.

But I think that's my only (minor) complaint about this bag. And I used to dislike flap bags.

I intend too, otherwise like you said they may curl, i think it will become a habit and it seems like as the bag is used more they will soften making it easier to do so.

Admit at first i rejected this bag because of the straps but soon found with looking more closely what else it offered without having to go larger .. pockets especially outside ones are hard to find, seems to be a feature that is not showing up as often, so i consider the straps a small aggravation for the tradeoff for all the pockets lol

The purple is stunning.

Very nice.

I carried my bag everyday for about 2 weeks and I never close the strap . Mine stayed straight and didn't curl up even though I was rough with this bag. Maybe because of pebble leather they stay put and move around in smooth leather !!
Pockets to zipper to flap to hardware , I love everything about it.

Oh, nice to see!

I bought one over the weekend after returning a Bleecker mini duffle(great bag, nowhere near enough pockets for me)

Mine is in Loganberry... i had few choices, black, purple and then pretty sure it was the smooth grey...

I wanted this bag for spring/summer in others words when i want to pare down to the size of bag i really like to carry(small)

The most surprising thing is how much it holds despite the rather small stature, must be the design of the pockets... allowing every inch to be used.

IMG_6744_zpsdyeyivuf.jpg

IMG_6743_zpskao5u8ck.jpg

IMG_6742_zpsmw5vkvfr.jpg

It's a beautiful color, is lining also reddish ? Love the color enjoy :smile: