Bronze Madeline - Factory only?

SuzanneF

Jan 8, 2009
Now that Madelines are no longer available, I find myself with a burning desire for one. My local outlet doesn’t have any. Of the colors available on *Bay, Bronze is my favorite. I’m willing to take my chances on the flaking issue, but I’d like to know the history of this style/color. Is 12484 the smallest size they made? Was the Bronze Madeline an Outlet-only item? The one I’m looking at doesn’t have an “F” in the serial number, it seems to have an “E”, but I’m wondering if that’s an optical illusion. If there were FP store Bronze Madelines and Outlet-only Bronze Madelines, was there any difference between the two?

Any feedback on this one? It looks authentic to me, but what do I know? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260342538851

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me.

Suzanne

To my knowledge, there was only one Bronze Madeline and it was a boutique bag, medium size. I couldn't tell you the style number to save my life. I do believe I purchased mine during the Aug PCE of last year. Hope that helps!

Welcome to tPF! Lady is correct - the bronze Madeline was a boutique bag that was sent to the outlets last year.

For authentication questions, please post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-302470.html

There are also lots of thread on the topic of metallic leather flaking if you do a search. :yes: basically, the bottom line is that any metallic leather will be delicate and prone to rubbing, peeling, or flaking because of the nature of the leather. Metallic finishes cannot be dyed into the leather; rather a metallic coating is put on the leather to make it glimmery/shiny, so it is going to be delicate to a certain degree regardless of the brand or style.

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you all so much!!! You're the best! You've given me exactly the type of information I was looking for! I just found this forum a week or so ago, but I can tell I'm going to be spending a lot of time here in the future...

Thanks again,
Suzanne