Brian Gavin Diamonds Barbara Pendant - Anyone Have This Mounting?

Sep 30, 2007
Seattle, WA
Love the martini. It's a great setting!

baglady - your necklace is gorgy. Could you possibly post a modeling picture of it?
Does the diamond lay flat when being worn or do you you worry about flipping?

Thanks so much for posting!

I am not sure where I put it (this happens quiet often) and I have not wear it for 2 months now. I will look for find mod pic.

It does not flip. I believe it could be tilted if I move a certain way but not flipping.

Feb 11, 2006
I am not sure where I put it (this happens quiet often) and I have not wear it for 2 months now. I will look for find mod pic.

It does not flip. I believe it could be tilted if I move a certain way but not flipping.
That would be fantastic

Thank you!

Feb 11, 2006
Is there any way to have the wire replaced? I love how unique this is!
If not I'd go with a necklace similar to BLS's with the milgrain bezel...unique in a classic way!
This is my second wire so yes, it can be replaced. The biggest issue I have is the clasp, very hard to close with nails :sad:

Maybe I just have to live with it as is, the look is perfection when worn..........

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
This is my second wire so yes, it can be replaced. The biggest issue I have is the clasp, very hard to close with nails :sad:

Maybe I just have to live with it as is, the look is perfection when worn..........
I know that clasp so I know what you mean. Although it wouldn't be as "fluid" you could always have one made with a lobster claw clasp.
I've had several necklace remade with larger lobster clasps because I can't see the smaller ones to close them...not to my liking but practical!
I HATE old age!

Feb 11, 2006
Ha..so true!

The first clasp I had was a large lobster The issue with that one (and a spring ring) is that the clasp always ends up in front due to it's weight. The insert/twist clasp that is on it now is more balanced and stays (for the most part) in back of my neck.

It's been impossible so far to find a clasp that works - uggg

I was hoping the Barbara would give me a similar look (a floating diamond that doesn't look like a pendant) with a clasp that is easier to close.

I might have to consider a DBTY look but with very small Mickey Mouse ears........

Question - do you know anything about magnetic clasps? I asked my jeweler about them but she's not a big fan of them ............

megs0927

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I am debating resetting my wg pendant into yellow gold. I love this setting but am torn between milgrained and plain. Any opinions on one vs the other? The stone is a 1 carat round brilliant.