Brian Gavin Diamonds Barbara Pendant - Anyone Have This Mounting?

Love the martini. It's a great setting!

baglady - your necklace is gorgy. Could you possibly post a modeling picture of it?
Does the diamond lay flat when being worn or do you you worry about flipping?

Thanks so much for posting!

I am not sure where I put it (this happens quiet often) and I have not wear it for 2 months now. I will look for find mod pic.

It does not flip. I believe it could be tilted if I move a certain way but not flipping.

Is there any way to have the wire replaced? I love how unique this is!
If not I'd go with a necklace similar to BLS's with the milgrain bezel...unique in a classic way!

This is my second wire so yes, it can be replaced. The biggest issue I have is the clasp, very hard to close with nails :sad:

Maybe I just have to live with it as is, the look is perfection when worn..........

This is my second wire so yes, it can be replaced. The biggest issue I have is the clasp, very hard to close with nails :sad:

Maybe I just have to live with it as is, the look is perfection when worn..........
I know that clasp so I know what you mean. Although it wouldn't be as "fluid" you could always have one made with a lobster claw clasp.
I've had several necklace remade with larger lobster clasps because I can't see the smaller ones to close them...not to my liking but practical!
I HATE old age!

Ha..so true!

The first clasp I had was a large lobster The issue with that one (and a spring ring) is that the clasp always ends up in front due to it's weight. The insert/twist clasp that is on it now is more balanced and stays (for the most part) in back of my neck.

It's been impossible so far to find a clasp that works - uggg

I was hoping the Barbara would give me a similar look (a floating diamond that doesn't look like a pendant) with a clasp that is easier to close.

I might have to consider a DBTY look but with very small Mickey Mouse ears........

Question - do you know anything about magnetic clasps? I asked my jeweler about them but she's not a big fan of them ............

I am debating resetting my wg pendant into yellow gold. I love this setting but am torn between milgrained and plain. Any opinions on one vs the other? The stone is a 1 carat round brilliant.