Breaking In a Roxanne ???

Nov 7, 2007
I have a gorgeous darwin leather choc Roxanne, which I've had since about October, and haven't really used much. I think part of the reason for this is that she is still quite stiff and boxy.

How long and how much use will it take for the bag to soften up and start so show some slouch? I would be happy to make a conscious effort to use her everyday for a period, just to break her in... but would love to hear how long it took other roxanne owners to get theirs to soften up... and pictures too ???

sorry can't help you as my one was pre owned and already very slouchy. I've heard the girls say it can take time and needs lots of use. I am sure your Roxy is gorgeous as it is....carry her.

How about using a nourisher would that soften the leather? I've heard a tpfer say that even having her bag hanging in her room out of the dustbag helps with the patina.

I tried hanging my rosy up with food tins in it to slouch it a bit but really the best way is to just use it. If you use it everyday it won't take long to slouch but it depends on if you baby it as well. I have to say I do tend to chuck mine about a bit and it's quite slouch, also I don't pack it with anything in it's dustbag so it does go out of shape wedged in between the other bags. I've only had mine since last summer and I haven't used it that much.

I use mine almost every day and she's now patinated and slouchy as you like! Mine wasn't new to me but I think it only took a couple of months for her to get a "lived in" feel.
Use that bag!!

I've just bought a pre-loved oak roxy and I already have a choc roxy. They are both really slouchy. I have taken some pictures of both and will load them up later. You really need to start using it. I think it's easier to break in a Roxy than a Rosemary due to the the larger proportions of Roxy.

I don't have a Roxy but my oak Rosemary was brand new when I got it. It has only been taken out and carried around the house a few times. Even this little use has made the leather soften and slouch!

Sit and cuddle it and squeeze it when you watch TV at night ( No i don't do this as DH would get me committed but I've heard people on the B.E forum confess to it!!!)

Sit and cuddle it and squeeze it when you watch TV at night ( No i don't do this as DH would get me committed but I've heard people on the B.E forum confess to it!!!)

Ha! My hubby would think I'd gone completely barking if I did this - he thinks I've got an unhealthy bag obsession as it is, he'd have me locked up if I sat and cuddled them!!!!:weird:

My oak Roxy was wery stiff and boxy at the beginning but after we was away on a trip and got caught in pouring rain two days in a row it improved a lot;). It got so soaked that you couldn´t even se specific watermarks on it. It dried up well and after a couple of weeks it got quite well "broken in".

This is probably not recommendable but anyway it worked for me!

Good luck!