Food Brazilian cocktail.

Sweetpea83

May 28, 2007
My bf and I made this tasty cocktail drink and we loved it. Its called a brazilian caipirinha. You guys should def. look into it. Here's the recipe:

1 lime
2 ounces of cachaça
Sugar to taste
Ice cubes

Wash the lime and roll it on the board to loosen the juices. Cut the lime into pieces and place them in a glass. Sprinkle with the sugar and crush the pieces (pulp side up) with a pestle. (We have a long, wooden one from Brazil, made specifically for this purpose.) Just enough to release the juice, otherwise it'll get bitter. Add the cachaça and stir to mix. Add the ice and stir again. It is delicious and potent!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• caipirinha_Full.jpg
    caipirinha_Full.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 35
This is my favorite cocktail! I serve them at all parties so they will catch on and my friends will serve them when I come over!

Such a great summer drink. I think I'll mix us up a batch this weekend.:drinkup:

I love these too! I live in an area with a large Brazilian population and there is one place that makes these sooooo good! But they are very potent :tispy:

Wow! Sounds really good! I've always wanted to try it! Can I get cachaça at a regular old Liquor store? (I live in TX). Or do I need to go to a specialty market to get it?

Of course, if it's that potent, one might be all I need. I'm such a lightweight!

Wow! Sounds really good! I've always wanted to try it! Can I get cachaça at a regular old Liquor store? (I live in TX). Or do I need to go to a specialty market to get it?

Of course, if it's that potent, one might be all I need. I'm such a lightweight!

Fine Wine & Spirit places..like Centennial for example. I live in Dallas...we have a few here. :tup: