Brand new seller, what are my chances of selling a bag?

gucci fan

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
I would like to sell a very popular handbag on ebay. They sell well on ebay, but since I'm a new seller what are my chances of selling such a high end bag. The handbag has sold on ebay for around $1,000. It of course is authentic. Any suggestions or advice would be great.

wondergurl

May 20, 2008
Your bids might be a little lower than the average bid price because you're a new seller. Typically people with 0 feedback will not sell as well as someone with 200 feedback. But personally, I have sold handbags that go for around $1000 when I first started ebaying and they have gone for around $800. Hope that helps!

Purple Text

Apr 9, 2008
Do you have very little feedback at all, or just no feedback as a seller? If you at least have a good history as a buyer, more people will take a chance with you. However, if you have no feedback at all, people will pass because it is more likely to be a scam.

Either way, I would recommend putting something in your listing to ease people's minds. Like you could say you are a well respected member on the Purse Forum with over 2,000 posts. Also, write a detailed description, include lots of pics, and be prompt answering questions. Those will all increase your chances of getting bids.

gucci fan

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
thanks guys. I'm trying to sell some unused dvds and video games right now so at least I can show some history. I just want these items to sell and don't have a minimum. Hopefully I can create a little history and with detailed description, pictures, and stating I'm a member of tpf will help when selling bags.

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I suggest you first build up your feedback by listing small, low cost items before pursuing to listing your handbag. When listing a high end handbag, make sure to provide clear, detailed photos of your handbag....both interior and exterior details. Buyers love to see photos.