Boxes will damage your LV Bags???

Oh dear... so many differing advice! I was told to store them in boxes to prevent humidity from ruining the leather... but this was also a Chanel SA...

So I've been storing all of my Chanel bags in their original boxes as well as my other brand name handbags including my Hermes birkins. Hmmmm... this is interesting. I'll have to research this.

Good advice thus far! It makes sense! :biggrin:

I store all mine in boxes and nothing ever happened to mine... Just keep in mind that 90% of the SA's are clueless. They told my friend that her speedy she bought 2 weeks before at the boutique was fake.

Here is what mine look like.
PB300259.jpg

Then I label all my boxes.

PB290255.jpg
I love this!!!!

yeliab, Somewhere in the Chanel forum are pics of a ruined purple lambskin flap that was stored in a box. IIRC it wasn't stored for very long, and parts of the bag warped and some quilting lost it's puffiness.

I store all my bags in dust bags/pillowcases because the dust bags LVs come in are a bit too thick for my likes so I prefer them in a lighter material so they breathe better. ^^;

Right now my LVs are in coach dustbags (love coach dust bags!) and my coachs are in pillowcases.. haha.. (:

i store my bags inside the box...simply because i don't have enough space to store it! lol. so far my bags are still in perfect condition...but i'm afraid that the leather would be damaged...! :s

I store all mine in boxes and nothing ever happened to mine... Just keep in mind that 90% of the SA's are clueless. They told my friend that her speedy she bought 2 weeks before at the boutique was fake.

Here is what mine look like.
PB300259.jpg

Then I label all my boxes.

PB290255.jpg

Hahha. My boxes are stacked up just like yours! I store all my bags in their boxes, ESPECIALLY my chanel flaps. I've been collecting chanel bags for years. They have been stored in their boxes for years and they still look brand spankin new. I had a Manhattan PM that was stored in its box for 2 years. I used it twice. When I took it out for pics so I could sell it, it still had virgin vachetta and the leather was soft and supple.

i love the boxes, they're pretty hard and sturdy in my OP. i never had problems with boxes damaging my bags...and glad my bags actually come in a box like the boxes LV issues, like an added bonus and beside they are so durable i keep them as well.