Box Calf / Veau Box through the years #boxcalfnerds

image.jpg
Her corners have lasted perfectly but I have only used the bag 5-10 times in the last year because I like my 28 so much better and I have a couple other bags which I also like and use. So the BBK32 is been sitting in my closet mostly. Not in the back, though. I touched up the corners of my Green Box Kelly28 and after a years use they could be done again if you look very closely. Professional work should look and last much better, I would hope. BTW, for your price comparison... the turn lock on my BBk32 is a little wiggly, as well. I think I did ok for what I want and I think that you did very well because yours is so unique. 25 years older that my 40 year old BBK, something! My bag has creases, bulges and dents but the leather feels and looks healthy. Your bag does not look like it was used very much but rather had one or a few bad tumbles....if the leather is healthy yours will look great. You can tell I like your bag. I will stop now. In our age close ups are seldom flattering...
Oh mine isn't the 1947 one! But thank you for the corner pictures :smile: my bag dates from between '53 to '70 according to Hermes, but the ladies on here have said it is more likely to be toward 1970. There is no stamp to tell unfortunately.
I didn't notice the turn lock was a problem until they flagged it up as likely to break in Paris, so in the end I went with all the repairs suggested. Still waiting for her to come back but this is a before spa picture.
Yours is gorgeous:smile:

Here's my box family, some you've already met. It didn't start out this way but I've managed to acquire a boxcalf from every decade except the 40s and 2010s. I've sold some boxcalf through the years, regretted some sales, but didn't use them. The Plume and Drag might not shine as much as the others but they are definitely box as I've got chamonix and they have more shine than the chamonix. The picture doesn't do them justice either. My last grail is a boxcalf from 1968, by birth year, will forever be on the lookout for that one. And if a boxcalf from the 40s in good shape crossed my path, weeeeellll she'd be invited to part of the boxcalf family... Thank you for letting me share.IMG_1333.JPG

Here's my box family, some you've already met. It didn't start out this way but I've managed to acquire a boxcalf from every decade except the 40s and 2010s. I've sold some boxcalf through the years, regretted some sales, but didn't use them. The Plume and Drag might not shine as much as the others but they are definitely box as I've got chamonix and they have more shine than the chamonix. The picture doesn't do them justice either. My last grail is a boxcalf from 1968, by birth year, will forever be on the lookout for that one. And if a boxcalf from the 40s in good shape crossed my path, weeeeellll she'd be invited to part of the boxcalf family... Thank you for letting me share.View attachment 3683303
Your collection is amaze*****. What fabulous bags!

I am sadly down to three box bags - my Rouge H Kelly, my Drag, and my Noisette/Gold Kelly, plus my Onimaitou which is almost an SLG. I have a friend selling a Rouge H box B at a great price and it is all I can do to holdout.

Reactions: Mariapia
Your collection is amaze*****. What fabulous bags!

I am sadly down to three box bags - my Rouge H Kelly, my Drag, and my Noisette/Gold Kelly, plus my Onimaitou which is almost an SLG. I have a friend selling a Rouge H box B at a great price and it is all I can do to holdout.
Lol, Amaze***** is my favourite statement, thank you :smile: You starting this thread when you did helped fuel my passion for boxcalf. Add to that Doc's advice and expert knowledge on restoring this exquisite leather and I was hooked! Thank you for starting this thread and thank you for the comment. By the way, I love your Rouge H Kelly THE most :smile:

Here's my box family, some you've already met. It didn't start out this way but I've managed to acquire a boxcalf from every decade except the 40s and 2010s. I've sold some boxcalf through the years, regretted some sales, but didn't use them. The Plume and Drag might not shine as much as the others but they are definitely box as I've got chamonix and they have more shine than the chamonix. The picture doesn't do them justice either. My last grail is a boxcalf from 1968, by birth year, will forever be on the lookout for that one. And if a boxcalf from the 40s in good shape crossed my path, weeeeellll she'd be invited to part of the boxcalf family... Thank you for letting me share.View attachment 3683303

Your vintage collection will is astoundingly gorgeous!!

Omg love!!! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Thanks for the eye candy!!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Wow
They sure come a long way
However classic and beautiful heritage

Wow!

Wow, your collection is amazing, and I'm drooling over your 1964 Kelly. What a rich, gorgeous shade of red!

Omg, that Drag is gorgeous!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your box family. I am also on the look out for a Kelly from my birth year, '76. I missed her by hours a few months ago at an online reseller. One day......

Omg, that Drag is gorgeous!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your box family. I am also on the look out for a Kelly from my birth year, '76. I missed her by hours a few months ago at an online reseller. One day......
Thank you, I love the Brique color of the Drag and I do get comments on its uniqueness of color, so different than any other color I own. Good luck on a 1976, you young thing... Have a happy Hermes day :smile: