Box Calf Noir?

pookybear

O.G.
Dec 10, 2011
Hello! I’m not quite familiar with Longchamp aside from the Le Pliage line

Sister showed me this bag she got gifted awhile back, I’ve never seen this before and can’t seem to find anything similar online. The box leather feels amazing though!

Is this authentic? If so, what is this bag called? Thank you so much in advance!

00392BB2-0364-4472-90FD-DE155B46B9C7.jpeg

@pookybear The bag is lovely. I'm unsure whether this is a vintage Longchamp. If it is, I must say the condition is excellent. What I am curious about is the dustbag, which I had never seen before. Longchamp dustbags are white with green lettering, no galloping rider logo. Unless this bag is vintage... which explains the dustbag.

I've seen the galloping rider logo before, on the discontinued line of Honore 404 and Penelope bags. I tried to enlarge the pic to have a better view of the galloping rider. Instead of two hind legs, I can only see one.

It is hard to tell with one pic for authenticity. I wonder if @Cosmopolitan and @SmokieDragon have any thoughts to share?

Last edited:
Reactions: pookybear
I'm dubious about this. I've never seen this style before, and I'm fairly familiar with vintage Longchamp bags, at least the more recent ones. If it's authentic it would be very old--because the logo and dustbag are off--but the bag doesn't look old. That's not to say that dustbags haven't changed over the years. Does the leather feel or smell old? I am not an authenticator and this subforum doesn't have regular authenticators anymore unfortunately. The only way to know for sure @pookybear is for you or your sister to call Longchamp Customer Service (check your country's Longchamp website for the phone number) and read them the bag's serial number from the interior tag (it's the longer number). If the bag is authentic, Longchamp Customer Service should be able to tell you the name and year produced.

@pookybear The bag is lovely. I'm unsure whether this is a vintage Longchamp. If it is, I must say the condition is excellent. What I am curious about is the dustbag, which I had never seen before. Longchamp dustbags are white with green lettering, no galloping rider logo. Unless this bag is vintage... which explains the dustbag.

I've seen the galloping rider logo before, on the discontinued line of Honore 404 and Penelope bags. I tried to enlarge the pic to have a better view of the galloping rider. Instead of two hind legs, I can only see one.

It is hard to tell with one pic for authenticity. I wonder if @Cosmopolitan and @SmokieDragon have any thoughts to share?

Thank you for the input! :heart: Yeah, I’ve never seen anything like this before. Because it was a gift, makes me a bit wary - according to my sister it was a gift my mom received from one of her piano students. The box leather does feel nice, reminds me of Hermes box when I felt it. The box it came it makes it look pretty old or vintage, I don’t think bag as been used so didn’t seem much wear except for some light creases here and there.

here’s a little bit closer look at dust bag, I took some photos to possibly list it but hesitated when I couldn’t find any info. Can take another look tomorrow when I’m home

I'm dubious about this. I've never seen this style before, and I'm fairly familiar with vintage Longchamp bags, at least the more recent ones. If it's authentic it would be very old--because the logo and dustbag are off--but the bag doesn't look old. That's not to say that dustbags haven't changed over the years. Does the leather feel or smell old? I am not an authenticator and this subforum doesn't have regular authenticators anymore unfortunately. The only way to know for sure @pookybear is for you or your sister to call Longchamp Customer Service (check your country's Longchamp website for the phone number) and read them the bag's serial number from the interior tag (it's the longer number). If the bag is authentic, Longchamp Customer Service should be able to tell you the name and year produced.

Thank you! I was thrown off by the dust bag logo too, not sure what it was but it just looked weird. The bag did “feel” old, if you know what I mean. Which is why I didn’t immediately dismiss it as a replica, and assumed it was a vintage piece dating way back. It felt and looked well made.

I didn’t easily see a serial number when I was taking photo, but I’ll search for it some more tomorrow when I get home. It came with a outer box that threw me off too, it looks very old :oh:

I definitely will call Longchamp and ask though, that’s a good tip!

Attachments

• CDE93D1C-A5FA-43B3-9D9B-08DF51E79678.jpeg
    CDE93D1C-A5FA-43B3-9D9B-08DF51E79678.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 16
  • B57FC466-5010-4763-B330-7603C02FDA90.jpeg
    B57FC466-5010-4763-B330-7603C02FDA90.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CB800EB9-2AF1-49A8-84FC-3C5FD53D14F9.jpeg
    CB800EB9-2AF1-49A8-84FC-3C5FD53D14F9.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 0F0A0260-DFF2-4CA9-88C7-4494AF97105C.jpeg
    0F0A0260-DFF2-4CA9-88C7-4494AF97105C.jpeg