Box Calf for Wallet???

Dec 15, 2008
DH gave me a beautiful box calf Kelly Long money holder in Bleu De Prusse. Whereas, I truly love it, I'm worried about how it's going to wear when used as a wallet.

Any thoughts???

box is durable. my first Hermes purchase is a wallet in rouge H boxcalf:

2693159784_e70288d0d4.jpg

2692346311_3850b63d25.jpg

I had the stupidity of storing it beside a cold water bottle. The moist, of course, blistered the bag. But when it dried and I rubbed it with my fingers, in a few days the mark was gone. ;)

EDIT: I want to see that wallet! I love BdP in box!

I adore box leather goods to look at:P, but I honestly scared of using them. I have a black box leather Birkin with GH I bought ages ago, but haven't touched yet...not even once (I know it's silly)...:sweatdrop:..Because my very first box birkin experience was trametic to me when I got a BIGGGGGGGGG first scratch...:Push:

I have a box bearn and I love it to pieces. it has a couple of small scratches but overall it is excellent, a tough little cookie. BTW, please post pics of your new treasure!! Sweet of DH to gift you such a great piece of H!

This is gorgeous allanrvj!! :tup:

box is durable. my first Hermes purchase is a wallet in rouge H boxcalf:

2693159784_e70288d0d4.jpg

2692346311_3850b63d25.jpg

I had the stupidity of storing it beside a cold water bottle. The moist, of course, blistered the bag. But when it dried and I rubbed it with my fingers, in a few days the mark was gone. ;)

EDIT: I want to see that wallet! I love BdP in box!

I own 2 Kelly Longue Wallets...one in chevre and the other in box. Although the box is gorgeous, it is showing quite a bit of scratching. I'm very careful with my pieces and use an insert so it's a bit puzzling as to how this occurred.:confused1:

Cavalier Girl, I have a box bearn wallet. Yes it does scratch and yes it will look used when you actually use it. I am hyper careful with mine, but alas, I cannot prevent the scratches. If you want something that will really look brand spankin new even after many wears, perhaps you can exchange it for something in epsom or chevre. The wallet is still beautiful IMHO, but it just matters how much wear you can stomach on a wallet.

Thanks to all who have weighed in on my box wallet. Since DH was so thrilled with it, I'm going to keep and use it. I do think I'll wait until my purse insert comes to use it, though. I'm thinking I may need a second one to keep nice so I can use it as a small clutch. ;)

Allan, your wallet is beautiful!

I'll post pictures after supper this evening.