Bowery vs. Mercer 24

zjones

Apr 30, 2016
Hey, ladies and gents! Looking to decide between the new Bowery crossbody and a Mercer 24 satchel for a birthday present to myself in a couple weeks (that also coincides with the Mother's Day event!). They're obviously two different types of bags, and the Mercer is an inch-and-a-quarter wider (and thus will fit more stuff); do any of you have this size Mercer and love it? Have any of you seen the Bowery in person?

I don't know if the dimensions on the website are accurate, but the Bowery is way tiny - basically a lipstick and cash/card evening bag, not even sure it will fit your larger smartphones. Mercer 24 will fit a whole lot more.

Hey, ladies and gents! Looking to decide between the new Bowery crossbody and a Mercer 24 satchel for a birthday present to myself in a couple weeks (that also coincides with the Mother's Day event!). They're obviously two different types of bags, and the Mercer is an inch-and-a-quarter wider (and thus will fit more stuff); do any of you have this size Mercer and love it? Have any of you seen the Bowery in person?
I had a mercer and ended up selling it due to my personal preference for functionality. But it's a nice bag and of course will hold more the the Bowery. I'd say the Bowery definitely leans toward the mini-bag category. I didnt try to out my things in it but it's a cute classic and the chain strap is light. How do you plan to use each one?

Mostly as a "run out and do errands" type bag -- phone, wallet/card case, keys, a pen, mini hand sanitizer, mini lotion, travel tube of asprin for a sudden onset headache.

Mostly as a "run out and do errands" type bag -- phone, wallet/card case, keys, a pen, mini hand sanitizer, mini lotion, travel tube of asprin for a sudden onset headache.
Out of the two, definitely the Mercer then, Bowery will not hold all that and has more of an evening vibe. I love the Mercer!

For those items I think the Mercer is the better option for you. Especially if you have a larger phone.

iPhone 6 Plus in a big Otterbox case. =X

Thanks for the replies -- I think the Mercer might be the one. I guess my only reservation about it might be the structure of it. It just looks a little..odd? because of the flap over the zippered compartments.

Also, how do we feel about the small wallet with ombre rivets in chalk to go with it? I think it's a nice summer-y combination!

Last edited: