Bouton D'or owners please advise! Mine looks rather dry

haj1119

Jan 5, 2008
I got mine today, love the color. But the leather appears to be rather dry. Lots of wrinkles. exp. on the bottom and side. Is it just I have bad luck and got the non-perfect one?

Should I need to request for an exchange? :crybaby:

Also notice, the second pic from bottom: Color seems uneven.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03410.JPG
    DSC03410.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC03411.JPG
    DSC03411.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC03412.JPG
    DSC03412.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC03413.JPG
    DSC03413.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC03414.JPG
    DSC03414.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 282
I've seen some bouton d'or bags and some of them were like this, not all of them. i didn't see one with butter soft smooth leather. i've seen very even leather that looked very plastic like. if you are not happy with it, i think you should exchange it and get a less dry one. the bag is too expensive to get a so so leather you don't love.

Update- Just finish talking with the lady. If I decided to return mine, they are gonna charge a 50 bucks restocking fee. I feel really frustrated since for the dryness, I can find a cure. but for the uneven color, what can I do? guccidiva-- I have never had such problems with my other B bags. I understand details vary from bag to bag, which makes each bag so unique. But this one...I want to say it is defect. But the lady does not agree with me. What would you ladies do if you were me? I hate to spend 50 on someone else's mistake:sad:

hmm... this is drier that what I'd normally prefer. If your really unsure about the leather.. I'd definitely say exchange if for another.. gOod luck! :yes:

:huh:Ps.. just read the above post. I'd return it and take the 50$ loss... if the leather issue is going to eat at you..(it would to me).. but I'd give her an ear full 1st!

Hmmmm, wondering if it feels soft to the touch?? I have 2 Bouton D'or yellow bags, one is a city and the other a messenger and the leather does look similar to your first and second pictures, but feels extremely soft! The color on both is very even and saturated. I don't think yours looks as perfect as it should and don't think they should charge you for sending it back.

I do know as I have ordered from AR, that what they are charging you back for the is the free FedEx Shipping from Hawaii. So if you figure they did not charge you any shipping or sales tax, you are still coming out ahead of the game. You are basically just paying them back for the shipping charge. Of course on the other hand they should not have sent you a less than desirable bag. Good luck on deciding what to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.

A lot of B Bags have cracked looking leather, if your unsure get rid as it will play on your mind, i 've just ordered one from BalNY, Apple guard can work wonders i prefer the veiny look as to really smooth, to me that looks like plastic! lol uneven colour thats a no no for sure. Good Luck.

I recently purchased the same bag from Neiman Marcus. Mine is quite dry too. It is crackly....but I bought it anyway because I just love the color and because NM only gets 2 bags for every color. I got the city with RH ...but I almost got the city with GSH because the leather seems smoother and less dry on that one. I believe the staff at AR when she said that all the yellows are the same dryness because all the yellow city bags I have seen are dry and very crackly. Not sure if exchanging would make a whole lot of difference.

I got a city in Sahara from AR and it is SO crackly that i'm afraid it will actually crack! it feels dry too but soft. so i'm waiting for my apple leather care to arrive. i hope it will feel less dry after the apple care.