Boucheron v Chaumet please help me choose

isobel77

Oct 2, 2021
Hello ladies & gents,

I am being unusually indecisive (blaming breastfeeding brain for this!) about which yellow gold pendant to go for. I have a .5 ct diamond set in white gold I will be layering it with mostly. It's very short and sits just above my breastbone.

This would be an online purchase, hence seeking some pre-thoughts on either! Xxx

Option 1: https://www.boucheron.com/nl_en/qua...gold-white-gold-radiant-edition-jpn00649.html

Love the length and the combination of white and yellow gold. See it as being very versatile and easy to mix with various jewellery. Down the road I do love the Boucheron bangles as well.

Option 2:

Love the daintiness and the design. I don't see it often around at all which is appealing to me. Length is a little shorter and I would expect to have it lengthened a bit.

I agree with the others…I like the look of the Chaumet better. But since you want to mix it with white gold it is nice how the Boucheron one integrates that a bit. So I understand your conundrum!

No sure if you’ve heard of Birks jewelry from Canada…they have this kind of “stacked” look like the Boucheron Quatre collection with diamonds and all three gold colors, called Dare to Dream. There is this barrel style necklace and they also have it in a smaller version.

639796E5-BBBB-4DD7-959B-AF8044AD49AB.png

My fav has been BML series but the Boucheron has an interesting texture closed up. However between the two, I can see the BML better; the boucheron seems to be lost in sight. So my vote is clear :smile:

Wow thank you all for your responses! Incredibly kind 🥰 and thank you for throwing in the Birks suggestion. Unfortunately rosegold does not suit my skin tone very well and comes up very coppery :/

I agree with the point that the Boucheron may get a little lost.. I didn't think of that aspect before and their website sneakily shows it layered.. which was indeed my plan, but it should also hold its own if not layered.. I still do like the duo metal combination, but the BML is more of a fine jewellery piece. My mind also wandered to Just en Clou in gold last night, but that's something else and not AS discreet?

I shall let you all know the decision! Xx

Apologies for the radio silence! I found the root of my indecision and turns out it's because neither was a 110% fit for what I was aching for this moment. I ended up with something rather different, but more personal.. the VCA zodiac in my daughter's sign. It's off for engraving with her name and I went to my local boutique to select the chain. As I am tall the 42cm was a little shorter than I had in mind so it's being lengthened by 5cm. The weight and "glow" of the coin is absolutely beautiful!

I hope no one feels I have wasted their time with the Boucheron v Chaumet discussion, but you helped me find my right fit for this nap-trapped shopping itch! :heart:

Here are a few pics in the box. I shall
Be back when it's all returned from servicing.

Attachments

• IMG_9807.jpeg
    IMG_9807.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9808.jpeg
    IMG_9808.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 36