Bottega veneta bag repair? no receipt!

westwing

Jan 12, 2014
Hello, I have a bag that need hardware, edge, handle repair. The bag was given to me from a friend who I believe bought it NOT from BV directly.

I am planing to take it to NYC store to have it repaired, edging serious worn off. I was wondering would it be an issue if I do not have receipt or any kinds of proof of purchase, only the bag? And would they redo the leather edging?

Thanks a lot

Hello, I have a bag that need hardware, edge, handle repair. The bag was given to me from a friend who I believe bought it NOT from BV directly.

I am planing to take it to NYC store to have it repaired, edging serious worn off. I was wondering would it be an issue if I do not have receipt or any kinds of proof of purchase, only the bag? And would they redo the leather edging?

Thanks a lot

BV sends their bags to Modern Leather for repair and I believe they're in NYC. Why not just go there directly?

BV sends their bags to Modern Leather for repair and I believe they're in NYC. Why not just go there directly?

oh really? I thought they send repair to Italy factory or something, Does modern leather have BV logo zipper pull and same color finish hardwares?

Thank you for the information.

Last edited:
oh really? I thought they send repair to Italy factory or something, Does modern leather have BV logo zipper pull and same color finish hardwares?

You may want to call Modern & perhaps send a pic of your bag to
see if they can do the repair that you need otherwise your bag may
indeed have to go back to Italy/factory.

I once inquired in person about changing the strap on one of my bags, and they asked me if I wanted to use BV leather, so it is possible that they have supplies from BV to work on their bags.

Modern does all BV repairs. They have all the BV parts. They have BV dyes if you need something redyed. Why not ship it to Modern then when you are in NYC you can pick it up. Repairs take time so they would have to ship it to you when complete

Modern does all BV repairs. They have all the BV parts. They have BV dyes if you need something redyed. Why not ship it to Modern then when you are in NYC you can pick it up. Repairs take time so they would have to ship it to you when complete

That's a better suggestion... e-mail, call & send ahead & perhaps it might
be ready for pick up when you are here.