Botox lasts less than 2 months??

Mar 3, 2007
So I went ahead and did Botox for my dreaded “11” in between my brows in June . Also did my forehead. Loved the results for my forehead but did little to help the “11” it completely wore off after about 2 months. Tried it again in October with a different dr at same practice. Told him my concerns and he said I had a very expressive face and my body could be metabolizing the Botox quickly. He increased the amount of CC’s used but again, lasted all of 2 months. I went to a very reputable plastic surgeon that several friends also use and swear by.. their results last much longer.
Not sure what to do:
try a different dr
Go back to same and increase the amount
Give up

Anyone have similar results w Botox not lasting very long at all. I would like to add the dr stated it should last about 6 months..
Thank you!

So I went ahead and did Botox for my dreaded “11” in between my brows in June . Also did my forehead. Loved the results for my forehead but did little to help the “11” it completely wore off after about 2 months. Tried it again in October with a different dr at same practice. Told him my concerns and he said I had a very expressive face and my body could be metabolizing the Botox quickly. He increased the amount of CC’s used but again, lasted all of 2 months. I went to a very reputable plastic surgeon that several friends also use and swear by.. their results last much longer.
Not sure what to do:
try a different dr
Give up

Anyone have similar results w Botox not lasting very long at all. I would like to add the dr stated it should last about 6 months..
Thank you!
I've never heard of botox lasting 6 months. I go every 3-4 months, and 4 is cutting it way to close sometimes. The talent of the injector is critical, but yes my 11's are one of the first places I notice it wearing off.

Not sure what to do:
try a different dr
Give up

Thank you!
I agree I’ve never heard Botox lasting 6 months. Everyone I have gone to has told me 3 to 4 tops. I have very strong muscles around the 11 area, so initially when I started getting Botox, the 11 region was the first place I noticed it wearing off. Now I have been doing Botox for about four years, and I can go the full three months and the 11 area isn’t as bad. You may just need more. How many units are they giving you?

Reactions: wisconsin
I agree I’ve never heard Botox lasting 6 months. Everyone I have gone to has told me 3 to 4 tops. I have very strong muscles around the 11 area, so initially when I started getting Botox, the 11 region was the first place I noticed it wearing off. Now I have been doing Botox for about four years, and I can go the full three months and the 11 area isn’t as bad. You may just need more. How many units are they giving you?

44 the first time and 48 the second time. I have no idea what the ‘average’ amount is

I do 20 between the eyes, leave the forehead alone. I still use Frownies a couple of times a week to help my 11's. And I haven't slept on my side or stomach in a long time, maybe 12 years? I miss that.

I get Botox for my 11's also. The first time it only lasted just under 3 months, second time it went to 4 months and this time (it's only mu 3rd time getting it) I'm at 5 months and it hasn't worn off yet. I get 22 units

The last few times I have been it starts to rapidly wear off at 1-1.5 months in. I went to a new injector and she thought it was the botox my previous was using was either not “fresh” or watered down but here I am at 1 month and a few days in and my forehead makes the wrinkles. She told me it should last 4-5 months some people a bit longer. I have to go talk to them because this is just a big waste of money at this point

The last few times I have been it starts to rapidly wear off at 1-1.5 months in. I went to a new injector and she thought it was the botox my previous was using was either not “fresh” or watered down but here I am at 1 month and a few days in and my forehead makes the wrinkles. She told me it should last 4-5 months some people a bit longer. I have to go talk to them because this is just a big waste of money at this point

That’s how I feel at this point : waste of money. I’m not sure if I will be doing it a third time with a different dr..