Botox - Anyone done it?

I've had both Botox & Juvederm injections. My results seem to last longer than they did at first. I have my forehead, 11's between my eyes, crowsfeet & every so often just on the outside of the corners of my mouth. I've had Juvederm injected in my marionette lines & frown lines around my mouth. I've considered Juvederm Voluma for under my eyes but have been told there may be some bruising causing black eyes. So I'm giving this more thought.

I had regular Juvederm in the hollows under the eye...bad hereditary dark circles. It did work but a painful procedure...even with numbing cream/ice.
For the pain involved I wish it lasted longer but the Voluma may last longer!

I started getting botox about 4 years ago. It truly is a miracle in terms of getting rid of the crows feet and the "11's" in between the eye. It can be uncomfortable on the forehead however-but that lasts only about 2 weeks tops. I'm now just learning that botox can possibly reduce a square jaw, so I'm going to see if I'm a candidate.

I've had both Botox & Juvederm injections. My results seem to last longer than they did at first. I have my forehead, 11's between my eyes, crowsfeet & every so often just on the outside of the corners of my mouth. I've had Juvederm injected in my marionette lines & frown lines around my mouth. I've considered Juvederm Voluma for under my eyes but have been told there may be some bruising causing black eyes. So I'm giving this more thought.

I get both Botox and Restylane injections under my eyes. I have significantly less bruising if I take Arnica for several days before and after the injections. Some fillers are not approved for above the mouth area (like Radiesse), but the Restylane works well and lasts me a good nine months.

I get both Botox and Restylane injections under my eyes. I have significantly less bruising if I take Arnica for several days before and after the injections. Some fillers are not approved for above the mouth area (like Radiesse), but the Restylane works well and lasts me a good nine months.

I had my botox touch up today. I've made an appointment for June 1st to get an LP Photofacial & Juverderm/Voluma touch up afterwards. I'm thinking about getting under my eyes done too to fill in a little of the hollow looks & diminish some of the age bags. LOL

. I'm now just learning that botox can possibly reduce a square jaw, so I'm going to see if I'm a candidate.

Yup, I get it done to make my face skinnier. Love it! It takes a month to start seeing results but looks like I've lost 10 lbs in the face everytime. I naturally have a wide jaw, though, so it works very well. I've had gfs who think they have large masseter muscles but they really don't, so when they get it done, there are no results.

Anyone know how much botox injection usually cost in the US vs. in Korea or Taiwan?

I'm thinking of getting botox to shrink my jaw muscles and trying to figure out the most cost effective place to do it.

Advice appreciated :smile:

I've been working on compiling a list of Botox Pricing here in the USA (Boca Raton) FYI. It definitely ranges depending on where you go. In NYC for instance you can find specials for almost half of what it is down here in FL, it really does just depend.

Also know that some places charge per unit, other places charge per area. I usually always prefer the per-unit places. Anytime they charge per area a huge 'grey area' no pun intended - opens up because you never really know how big / how much an area is.

I was suggested by my dentist to have botox due to build up of muscle from bruxism causing assymetry. Maybe a filler in my chin for my weak chin as well. I was wondering how long does the first injections last vs following injections?

For Botox - does a doctor normally do it? I noticed some places I looked into a doctor does it and in some places the nurse or aesthetician does it.

Do you guys have a preference?

For Botox - does a doctor normally do it? I noticed some places I looked into a doctor does it and in some places the nurse or aesthetician does it.

Do you guys have a preference?

I think as long as the person is well qualified, has a lot of experience, and knows the anatomy of the face very well then i think there's not too much to worry about because they have different college degrees.

For me I go to a spa where a nurse specializes in botox and she has never given me bad results like a frozen or paralyzed look and she understands the facial anatomy very well as too not inject too deep or shallow :smile:

I think as long as the person is well qualified, has a lot of experience, and knows the anatomy of the face very well then i think there's not too much to worry about because they have different college degrees.

For me I go to a spa where a nurse specializes in botox and she has never given me bad results like a frozen or paralyzed look and she understands the facial anatomy very well as too not inject too deep or shallow :smile:

Thanks for your reply!

Yes,
I've had botox injections 3 times , between the brows, It worked really well. I honestly thought I looked happier just by loosing those deep frown lines !! But I will say that it definitely made my eyes droopy, I suppose it relaxed more than than I bargained for. At the tune of 450.00. This was by unit pricing .
Not cheap
I received mine by my plastic surgeon in the Fresno, Ca. Area. He also did surgery on my upper eye lids. Also botox on my lips.

Last edited:
Botox is my friend for life :biggrin:

I'm 46 and have been very lucky in terms of looking relatively young, but life changes have caused the 11s between my eyes and forehead wrinkles to appear and were definitely a concern of mine over a year ago.

I was nervous going to the medical spa but the doctor there (she was a former anesthesiologist) had a gentle hand and I've been going regularly for a year. I only need 20 units of Botox and pay about $300. I told all my friends that I'd forego buying new clothes or shoes than to give up Botox!

Now I'm looking into possibly getting fillers - as I've aged, I noticed that my cheekbones have gone :cry:

I'm seriously considering getting botox. I'm 33 and while I am blessed in not looking my age my forehead doesn't wrinkle I'm worried about getting the 11 from furrowing my brows. I had a shoulder injury about 2 months ago and I'm still in pain from it. I know I am furrowing my brows a lot more than normal due to the injury. My GP used to do botox at her old office before for the medispa(she moved to a diffrent office/medical group), so I'd feel comfortable having her do it.

Is 5-6 months the typical amount of time the injections last for? Since I have a shoulder injury should I stay away from this? I know they aren't related but since my shoulder is inflamed I'm wondering if this could possibly make it worse/cause more pain. I know this will sound like a dumb question, but I see people talking about how many units they've had used in certain areas. If someone says it took say 40 units on their 11 area dose that mean they got 40 shots in the area?

PixieJenna,
No 40 units does not mean 40 injections. It's the amount that they inject into your skin, in around 3 to 4 different spots on your face. Does that make sense ??
Incidentally, I only ever needed 25 units . 40 seems like alot.