Botkier @ Costco

jjai

Mar 20, 2008
Hi all- i just saw a Botkier bag @ Costco... I thought it was weired to see Botkier there.
So i contacted Botkier to see if they sell to Costco and guess what!!
They said they never did and it could be a fake. :cursing:
Just wanted to let you know about this!
I love Botkier!!

Costco often has to buy brand-name items from third-party distributors, because luxury names don't want their brands polluted by being sold at Costco.

I would seriously doubt if anything sold at Costco is counterfeit.

oh man, i'd watch out for that stuff too...sometimes they do have designer stuff...but since you took your time and called Botkier yourself (thank you btw) we should all be aware of other designer items too... gosh, makes me really skeptical!

I don't think Costco sells counterfeit items. There were several articles that ran from major media outlets when they first started selling Rolex, etc.

kcm and NoraV are right; Costco does sell designer bags and watches, ect. They have to buy those from intermediaries because designers and other high-end brands don't want their products associated with a store that sells large jars of mayo and vacuum cleaners.

costco sells only authentic designer bags.

here's 2 other tpf threads re: costco selling authentic chanel and lvs. you could potentially save serious $$ if you can divert yourself from the other fab deals at costco. every week i stumble on a good buy of a luxe item ranging from shoes to bags to watches to perfume... it's amazing what's waiting to be found at costco besides their gallon jugs of tide and 30-rolls of toilet paper.

it's seriously my favorite store for its value and customer service.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-at-costco-271512.html

Last edited:
kcm and NoraV are right; Costco does sell designer bags and watches, ect. They have to buy those from intermediaries because designers and other high-end brands don't want their products associated with a store that sells large jars of mayo and vacuum cleaners.

Had to laugh out loud at those examples...:yes: But it's true -- for example, Nexxus (hair products) denies selling at stores other than salons, though I know the Nexxus shampoos and conditioners at Costco are authentic.

I know Costco had some issues a few years back - apparently one Costco was sent a box of fake Fendi's - they seemed to take it very seriously, and corrected the issue right away. I'm pretty sure since they they haven't had any more issues. The Fendi thing was back in like 2003 or 2004.