Botched Repair Job - Need Opinions!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    I brought a second-hand Vince Camuto Alexa tote to the local cobbler last week and paid $16 to have the guy re-stitch the lining by the snap on the back. I picked it up today and was horrified to see what he'd done with it, but I took it and left without saying anything. What should I do? Do I take it to a different cobbler and have them try to fix it, or do you ladies have any suggestions for ways I could tastefully cover this up (like glueing on a row of sequins or some ribbon, for example)? I don't really care how the stitching looks on the inside at this point—it's the exterior (see picture #3) that's getting to me!

As I glance over at the bag while typing this, the uneven stitching is obvious even from across the room. :crybaby:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  2. I would definitely take it in to a different cobbler if I were you.

3. Wow, talk about not being able to stay within the lines! How about taking it to a tailor?

4. Take it to another cobbler and ask if they are able to restitch. I'm more worried about the new holes the local cobbler made..

5. Blimey... that is horrific. I would take it to a very experienced cobbler and ask if he knows how to fix it, but my main worry, like yours, is the holes that the first guy left in the leather. What a butcher job. I'm so sorry. :sad: