Botched Repair Job - Need Opinions!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    I brought a second-hand Vince Camuto Alexa tote to the local cobbler last week and paid $16 to have the guy re-stitch the lining by the snap on the back. I picked it up today and was horrified to see what he'd done with it, but I took it and left without saying anything. What should I do? Do I take it to a different cobbler and have them try to fix it, or do you ladies have any suggestions for ways I could tastefully cover this up (like glueing on a row of sequins or some ribbon, for example)? I don't really care how the stitching looks on the inside at this point—it's the exterior (see picture #3) that's getting to me!

As I glance over at the bag while typing this, the uneven stitching is obvious even from across the room. :crybaby:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.png
  2. I would definitely take it in to a different cobbler if I were you.

3. Wow, talk about not being able to stay within the lines! How about taking it to a tailor?

4. Take it to another cobbler and ask if they are able to restitch. I'm more worried about the new holes the local cobbler made..

5. Blimey... that is horrific. I would take it to a very experienced cobbler and ask if he knows how to fix it, but my main worry, like yours, is the holes that the first guy left in the leather. What a butcher job. I'm so sorry. :sad: