Born boots as comfortable as their sandals?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've owned several pairs of Born sandals - mostly with about a 2-3 inch heel. Most all of them have been great - super comfortable and I love the leather lining.

I just bought my first pair of Born boots. I've only worn them around the house so far. Any with experience wearing their boots? Will they be as comfortable as the sandals? Here's a picture:

4102QIEJIsL.jpg

I do have some BOC (their lower-end brand) shooties and they're comfortable but I think a boot that comes up above the ankle is going to be different than a shoe-boot.

thanks for an advice

I have b.o.c. sandals, born boots & clogs.

Boots are below knee, low heel, with zippered side openings.
I find them, "clunky."
Loose around leg, so nice airflow--but move around when I walk.
Mostly comfortable, casual & a bit edgy. Not sleek enough for dressing up.

I prefer my born clogs.
Wear them more than either the sandals or boots.
Sized up by 1/2 from normal shoe size--exceptional comfort!

We all have different shoe needs--so, boots may work better for you.
Hope this helps.

I have b.o.c. sandals, born boots & clogs.

Boots are below knee, low heel, with zippered side openings.
I find them, "clunky."
Loose around leg, so nice airflow--but move around when I walk.
Mostly comfortable, casual & a bit edgy. Not sleek enough for dressing up.

I prefer my born clogs.
Wear them more than either the sandals or boots.
Sized up by 1/2 from normal shoe size--exceptional comfort!

We all have different shoe needs--so, boots may work better for you.
Hope this helps.
thanks for the advice
Interesting you bought clogs in a size larger. I actually bought these boots in two sizes - my usual 9, and I bought 8-1/2 because the 9 was slipping in the heel
Still trying to decide which to keep. I had my foot measured for the first time in years and it came out to 8-1/2.

My boots are a 1/2 size smaller than normal.
Sandals are 1/2 size larger, same as clogs.
Agreed, odd.

I think you're on target with size findings. Just comes down to personal fit choice, thickness of socks worn, etc.
Your pic's a great boot look--enjoy!

My boots are a 1/2 size smaller than normal.
Sandals are 1/2 size larger, same as clogs.
Agreed, odd.

I think you're on target with size findings. Just comes down to personal fit choice, thickness of socks worn, etc.
Your pic's a great boot look--enjoy!
thanks
I've been wearing the boots around the house. I'd like to think the 8-1/2 would work but the 9 has slightly more room in front. Bottom line -I don't think I'll really know until I wear them for a good four hours. Risk is the that the 9's could get a bit sloppy in time and the 8-1/2 could feel tight (they don't really when just trying on).
NR said they could stretch them if needed. I've never done that so don't know how effective it is.