Book Tote

Reactions: giligy and BB8
I finally pulled the trigger and got a large velvet navy oblique book tote!!! Here's me wearing it around the house lol. Is Samorga really the best bag organizer for it? It's obviously the most mentioned, but I always wondered if it was just because of all the influencer marketing they do.
View attachment 4921340
Looks nice..... :smile:! I know I am a bit late chiming in....I think the samorga organizer is totally worth it and worth the wait! Very helpful and looks nice. I bought it for my "Around The World" book tote in Feb. 2020. The people were very helpful and quick to respond to questions that I had. I unfortunately ordered a color that I felt was a little light for the book tote so I had to get another one. Even though it was just by slight, it was bothering me so I thought it was worth the additional month of waiting.

Hi all - I’m torn between two small book totes. I’m considering either the Blue Toile de Jouy Embroidery one or the Blue Oblique pattern. I think the toile de jouy is a work of art but the oblique might be easier to maintain and easier to match with outfits on the go.

Does anyone have any advice between these two? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ruby5
Hi all - I’m torn between two small book totes. I’m considering either the Blue Toile de Jouy Embroidery one or the Blue Oblique pattern. I think the toile de jouy is a work of art but the oblique might be easier to maintain and easier to match with outfits on the go.

Does anyone have any advice between these two? Thanks in advance!

Have you seen them in person? Before seeing them in person, just from the online photos, I feel completely in love with the TDJ book totes and thought I had to have one. I thought that the oblique was too boring and logo-y. But once I saw them in person, I changed my mind completely. The base color on the TDJ is white - extremely, extremely bright white. It would be hard to maintain, and it will definitely get dirty, especially if you ever set it on the floor. Even the SAs admit that it's high maintenance. And with such a large bag, how can you avoid ever setting it on the ground?? And the oblique is not boring at all. In person, the handiwork for the all-over embroidery is a stunning work of art, and the logos are actually quite understated and muted.

Have you seen them in person? Before seeing them in person, just from the online photos, I feel completely in love with the TDJ book totes and thought I had to have one. I thought that the oblique was too boring and logo-y. But once I saw them in person, I changed my mind completely. The base color on the TDJ is white - extremely, extremely bright white. It would be hard to maintain, and it will definitely get dirty, especially if you ever set it on the floor. Even the SAs admit that it's high maintenance. And with such a large bag, how can you avoid ever setting it on the ground?? And the oblique is not boring at all. In person, the handiwork for the all-over embroidery is a stunning work of art, and the logos are actually quite understated and muted.
Thanks for your recommendation and sharing your experience. I tried on the small blue TDJ in store a few weeks ago but I was really there to buy a Lady Dior so I didn’t even think about trying on a oblique book tote. My SA texted me today wishing me a happy new year and I started thinking about the book tote again and wondered why I didn’t try on more styles. Sounds like I’ll have to just make another trip to try both on. Noted on how white the TDJ is —I’m not one to baby my bags either so maybe not the best idea to go with this style...

Reactions: giligy
Thanks for your recommendation and sharing your experience. I tried on the small blue TDJ in store a few weeks ago but I was really there to buy a Lady Dior so I didn’t even think about trying on a oblique book tote. My SA texted me today wishing me a happy new year and I started thinking about the book tote again and wondered why I didn’t try on more styles. Sounds like I’ll have to just make another trip to try both on. Noted on how white the TDJ is —I’m not one to baby my bags either so maybe not the best idea to go with this style...
I think Giligy has a good suggestion, as it's already difficult enough to make a decision on a pattern without seeing it in person (on you) but colors...that is almost more difficult as everyone's color preference is so different. What I might think is dark, another might think it's light...especially when the shade is very close. I had that issue when i ordered the samorga organizer in eggshell thinking it would be perfect color in my "Around The World" book tote. When it arrived and took it out of the box, I thought the color was just right, upon placing it in the bk tote...it looked to dark. Friends told me it was fine and couldn't really tell..but I could, ended up ordering another one slightly lighter and now it's perfect! So...I do believe, you would need to compare side by side....perhaps at the end of the day..although the TDJ might be lighter and the oblique is such a classic, your heart will help you determine which one lingers in your thoughts longer :smile:. I too was torn between both the TDJ & oblique...but then I saw the Around The World...that grabbed me to the point I did not think of the other 2. The base color of the ATW tote is also light in color....for a moment it did concern me as I traveled quiet a bit all over the world. I had my very reputable cobbler (with whom I've trusted with all my treasured items) apply scotch guard on the tote (per his suggestion). So far it's worked great...the tote has gone through many security conveyer belts at airports as well as being put under the seat in front of me on the airplane....I have the large size and had to nestle it under the seat. After a years worth of traveling, the tote has held up and was still clean....the only part that I could really tell where it got dirty were the handles as I saw it on the Mitzah. Fortunately I did buy 2 Mitzah prior to using the tote, one for each handle...which definitely would be something you might want to consider..depending on the use of your tote. I think both design are nice and special in their own way. Good Luck.....

I think Giligy has a good suggestion, as it's already difficult enough to make a decision on a pattern without seeing it in person (on you) but colors...that is almost more difficult as everyone's color preference is so different. What I might think is dark, another might think it's light...especially when the shade is very close. I had that issue when i ordered the samorga organizer in eggshell thinking it would be perfect color in my "Around The World" book tote. When it arrived and took it out of the box, I thought the color was just right, upon placing it in the bk tote...it looked to dark. Friends told me it was fine and couldn't really tell..but I could, ended up ordering another one slightly lighter and now it's perfect! So...I do believe, you would need to compare side by side....perhaps at the end of the day..although the TDJ might be lighter and the oblique is such a classic, your heart will help you determine which one lingers in your thoughts longer :smile:. I too was torn between both the TDJ & oblique...but then I saw the Around The World...that grabbed me to the point I did not think of the other 2. The base color of the ATW tote is also light in color....for a moment it did concern me as I traveled quiet a bit all over the world. I had my very reputable cobbler (with whom I've trusted with all my treasured items) apply scotch guard on the tote (per his suggestion). So far it's worked great...the tote has gone through many security conveyer belts at airports as well as being put under the seat in front of me on the airplane....I have the large size and had to nestle it under the seat. After a years worth of traveling, the tote has held up and was still clean....the only part that I could really tell where it got dirty were the handles as I saw it on the Mitzah. Fortunately I did buy 2 Mitzah prior to using the tote, one for each handle...which definitely would be something you might want to consider..depending on the use of your tote. I think both design are nice and special in their own way. Good Luck.....
Thank you for your encouragement and sharing that a light colored base tote could work if I take the right precautions. The Around the World tote is beautiful! I hope you’re finding ways to continue to use it. I guess it really will be up to whatever pulls my heart strings the most in store.