Book Tote

Is anyone else agonizing over whether to personalize their book tote? I would love my name on it but I also really appreciate how I can turn the bag around if I want to be discreet and not have a logo/name show at the moment...

I have a very unique name and I never found my name in those touristy Keychain thingies so I jumped at the opportunity of personalizing mine in a heartbeat. I almost always wear it on my names side. Most people think that's the brand

I knew I wanted this book tote the moment I saw it. The fall 2020 collection came out a few days ago in Canada, and I’d like to think I lucked out by walking into a store for it. It’s so beautiful, I can’t stop fawning over it.

View attachment 4786068

This was my first choice too! But ended up getting the Rosa Mutabilis print because it came in the small size at the branch I frequent. I hope you purchased this already. Beautiful :loveeyes:

Reactions: Liberté
Just received my small gray oblique book tote. I had it personalised on the other side. While I like the bag, I do think its overpriced for what it is. Also my biggest bug bear is that already it has snagged stitches, one of which was very noticeable near my name. I had to get a needle to try and push the snagged stitch inside. Not something I expected to have to do on a brand new very expensive bag.

20200715_154413.jpg

Just received my small gray oblique book tote. I had it personalised on the other side. While I like the bag, I do think its overpriced for what it is. Also my biggest bug bear is that already it has snagged stitches, one of which was very noticeable near my name. I had to get a needle to try and push the snagged stitch inside. Not something I expected to have to do on a brand new very expensive bag.

View attachment 4788956
I hope the snag isn't bad. Do you have a photo of it?

I find all luxury items way overpriced for what they are. Coated canvas bags are essentially made of plastic but they charge thousands for them.

I hope the snag isn't bad. Do you have a photo of it?

I find all luxury items way overpriced for what they are. Coated canvas bags are essentially made of plastic but they charge thousands for them.

The snag is on the personalised side and I already managed to push it inside, so no picture.

I ordered the bag over the phone with an SA so didn't really get a chance to feel/hold the bag beforehand. If I had then I would have been much more aware how overpriced the bag was. Plus its extra for personalisation, which having got the bag think should be done for free/complimentary.

Reactions: averagejoe
The snag is on the personalised side and I already managed to push it inside, so no picture.

I ordered the bag over the phone with an SA so didn't really get a chance to feel/hold the bag beforehand. If I had then I would have been much more aware how overpriced the bag was. Plus its extra for personalisation, which having got the bag think should be done for free/complimentary.
The personalization it involves sending the large bag to one of the places that can do personalizations, and then sending it back to the store. The personalization is also very elaborate, and is one of the best I've seen from all the brands. These all add to the cost of the personalization.

Reactions: papuqe_gucci
What do people think of the new Catherine tote? It seems more practical than the classic book tote because it has compartments, but I don't know if I like the look of it. Especially given it's only available in one design for now.

View attachment 4780062
I actually love this tote. I think it would be way better than the book tote for every day / travel. I'm very intrigued by the compartments, thought I would be concerned about how to keep the bottom from sagging too much. I am an academic, so I actually need to carry heavy things daily, like books, and a lap top, and an ipad.

Reactions: giligy