BOO! Favorite scary movie?

Hands down, The Shining. Scariest movie ever made, IMHO. Only film that's ever actually made me jump!

I don't get into gory/slasher type films like the Saw movies, those aren't "scary" to me, just kinda ridiculous. I like scary stuff that makes you A. think, and B. feel creeped out. :lol:

I did like 28 Days Later and Blair Witch Project.

Halloween (the original), for sure. Then probably Blair Witch Project, Amityville Horror, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Single White Female, and a couple random others.
Also - Paranormal Activity. But only because I'm currently living in a 100+ year old house that I'm CONVINCED is haunted.

Halloween is my number one also (the original). Scares the crap out of me. When I first got into corrections, I worked on a facility that housed criminally insane inmates and there was a guy on the facility just like Michael Myers. Still freaks me out eight years later. The Shining is a close second.

i really like the Shining (the original with jack nicholson).....really creeps me out.

also the grudge..i know it's dumb but that movie terrified me when it came out.

and lastly i LOVE the skeleton key with kate hudson! such a good movie.

I'm not really a fan of scary movies but the one movie that scared the hell out of me was "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." I was really scared that I was already believing it was real. I also like the unique style of "Paranormal Activity."