Blue lovers

Lisazs

Jul 20, 2018
I love the color blue and I wear it almost every day. I love light blue, light, aqua, turquoise, royal blue, etc. I only own one medium flap in a sky blue. And I hardly ever wear it. I am looking for a bag that I can wear on a regular basis I love Crossbody. Any suggestions on which handbag I should purchase next and what shade of blue you think goes with most things or could be considered a neutral other than navy I am considering either a medium blue or an ice blue

Attachments

• IMG_9418.jpeg
    IMG_9418.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 75
Hmm… I am one of those rare people who love wearing colors. And my favorite “quiet” color is blue. I wear a ton of blues, too. Light and dark. And I always wear navy instead of black. My winter coat is navy. My fall raincoat is navy (spring is a chambray colored blue trench). Even my suitcase is navy.

But, honestly, I get more use out of tan/beige and my grey bags than my navy bag. I think it’s easier to find tan/beige/grey shoes to match my bags and tie my outfit together.

Out of the choices that you listed, I agree that a light blue jean or slightly greyed blue is the most versatile- if you still want a blue bag. But, honestly, I bought a caramel Chanel boy bag that I’ve been loving with my blue clothing collection. (Just a thought).

When men buy navy suits, the “classic” shoes/belts that are sold are tan (then down the list they offer oxblood or black).

Maybe experiment by buying an inexpensive brand’s blue wristlet or pouch & see how it looks with your outfits? I would experiment a bit before taking a deep plunge into an expensive Chanel flap.

For people who wear mostly neutrals, a colored bag is easy to match. But for people who wear colors, various neutral bags are easier.

Hmm… I am one of those rare people who love wearing colors. And my favorite “quiet” color is blue. I wear a ton of blues, too. Light and dark. And I always wear navy instead of black. My winter coat is navy. My fall raincoat is navy (spring is a chambray colored blue trench). Even my suitcase is navy.

But, honestly, I get more use out of tan/beige and my grey bags than my navy bag. I think it’s easier to find tan/beige/grey shoes to match my bags and tie my outfit together.

Out of the choices that you listed, I agree that a light blue jean or slightly greyed blue is the most versatile- if you still want a blue bag. But, honestly, I bought a caramel Chanel boy bag that I’ve been loving with my blue clothing collection. (Just a thought).

When men buy navy suits, the “classic” shoes/belts that are sold are tan (then down the list they offer oxblood or black).

Maybe experiment by buying an inexpensive brand’s blue wristlet or pouch & see how it looks with your outfits? I would experiment a bit before taking a deep plunge into an expensive Chanel flap.

For people who wear mostly neutrals, a colored bag is easy to match. But for people who wear colors, various neutral bags are easier.
Thank you so much for this response because I am like you and I love to wear lots of color. I just recently bought the mini 31 in beige. So maybe I will wear that for a bit but I wish I could buy the 31 nano in the states, I love small Crossbody bags. I’m trying to find a good every day Crossbody bag. I am like you I will always choose navy over black. Any suggestions on a good Crossbody?

Reactions: Ruby5
Thank you so much for this response because I am like you and I love to wear lots of color. I just recently bought the mini 31 in beige. So maybe I will wear that for a bit but I wish I could buy the 31 nano in the states, I love small Crossbody bags. I’m trying to find a good every day Crossbody bag. I am like you I will always choose navy over black. Any suggestions on a good Crossbody?
I think that it depends on how much you carry.

In Chanel, I love my boy bags because I can wear them crossbody or doubled up. (I have 3: black, caramel, & off white). I don’t mind that the boys are out of fashion now, but you might. (I bought them after the trend but new from the boutiques. But you could probably find good deals in the resale market. I know a lot of utubers got rid of the caramel boy bag). The length of the flap on the boy bag is a bit annoying at first, learning curve, but it’s my favorite Chanel style (although no one else agrees, lol)

Chanel classic minis & wocs are always good. I actually like the reissue mini a lot & if I can find one that’s not distressed too much, I will buy.

One other tip I would say is that I love crossbody bags that can also be worn top handle. Since I wear so much color, I like the option of hand held if my clothing is darker. So, maybe check out wocs and minis with top handle? (I don’t always stick to Chanel. I have a lot of Dior, too, for this reason. My Chanel boy bags & Diors are my daily bags- some diors are 8+ years & still look amazing for this reason). Chanel trendy cc sometimes has lovely options.

I love the 31. It’s darling. I hope that you really get good use out of yours.

Again for overall recommendations, I think it depends on how much you need to carry, how much weight you can tolerate on your shoulder as well as your budget.

Good luck, dear!

Reactions: Lisazs
I think that it depends on how much you carry.

In Chanel, I love my boy bags because I can wear them crossbody or doubled up. (I have 3: black, caramel, & off white). I don’t mind that the boys are out of fashion now, but you might. (I bought them after the trend but new from the boutiques. But you could probably find good deals in the resale market. I know a lot of utubers got rid of the caramel boy bag). The length of the flap on the boy bag is a bit annoying at first, learning curve, but it’s my favorite Chanel style (although no one else agrees, lol)

Chanel classic minis & wocs are always good. I actually like the reissue mini a lot & if I can find one that’s not distressed too much, I will buy.

One other tip I would say is that I love crossbody bags that can also be worn top handle. Since I wear so much color, I like the option of hand held if my clothing is darker. So, maybe check out wocs and minis with top handle? (I don’t always stick to Chanel. I have a lot of Dior, too, for this reason. My Chanel boy bags & Diors are my daily bags- some diors are 8+ years & still look amazing for this reason). Chanel trendy cc sometimes has lovely options.

I love the 31. It’s darling. I hope that you really get good use out of yours.

Again for overall recommendations, I think it depends on how much you need to carry, how much weight you can tolerate on your shoulder as well as your budget.

Good luck, dear!
What Dior bags do you use as your every day bag? I only have one saddle bag but its not very functional. I have been looking at the D Joy, but not sure that it is an every day bag. The boy bags chains are just too heavy for me.

What Dior bags do you use as your every day bag? I only have one saddle bag but its not very functional. I have been looking at the D Joy, but not sure that it is an every day bag. The boy bags chains are just too heavy for me.
You’ll laugh, probably too heavy for you, but I love the lady Dior. I can handle lambskin usually.

I also bought a mini Miss Dior last year (which is basically a top handle woc). Omg. Favorite woc ever. I think I love it because my phone is separated from my other items & I don’t have to play Tetris every time I check my phone. (I use the back pocket for small notes for tips). The chain is detachable and fits through the d rings so I can wear the bag 5 different ways without weird clips or stress on the leather. It was also extremely lightweight & the chain didn’t dig.

I haven’t bought a djoy yet. When it first came out, I didn’t like it. But now I’m very intrigued by the 3 different ways to wear it. Using the bag looks so intuitive and easy.

You’ll laugh, probably too heavy for you, but I love the lady Dior. I can handle lambskin usually.

I also bought a mini Miss Dior last year (which is basically a top handle woc). Omg. Favorite woc ever. I think I love it because my phone is separated from my other items & I don’t have to play Tetris every time I check my phone. (I use the back pocket for small notes for tips). The chain is detachable and fits through the d rings so I can wear the bag 5 different ways without weird clips or stress on the leather. It was also extremely lightweight & the chain didn’t dig.

I haven’t bought a djoy yet. When it first came out, I didn’t like it. But now I’m very intrigued by the 3 different ways to wear it. Using the bag looks so intuitive and easy.
I also have been looking at the mini Miss Dior!! Can you post pictures of yours

Sure. Mine is black, though, so I’m not sure that you will like it. (It does come in beige & cloud blue on website & a bigger size, too). But I’ll try & dm pics of the strap tricks & how I load the bag. (Will be later today, though).

Take care!

• Love
Get the blue that makes you excited 😊. I'm a blue lover as well and my most favorite in my collection is my royal blue medium cf with matte ghw from 13s. I still remember when the SA brought it out from the back at the rue cambon 31 store.
Attached is a picture I took (and old school layout on IG hah) in 2013 right after I got it. Still makes me so happy when I see it.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1521852207943.jpg
    tapatalk_1521852207943.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 18
I love the color blue and I wear it almost every day. I love light blue, light, aqua, turquoise, royal blue, etc. I only own one medium flap in a sky blue. And I hardly ever wear it. I am looking for a bag that I can wear on a regular basis I love Crossbody. Any suggestions on which handbag I should purchase next and what shade of blue you think goes with most things or could be considered a neutral other than navy I am considering either a medium blue or an ice blue
I have a caviar blue mini that I absolutely love the color on, but for some reason I never carry it. I’m thinking about selling it just because I don’t use it, but this 17s blue is so gorgeous!

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3825.jpeg
    IMG_3825.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3827.jpeg
    IMG_3827.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 13
I love a deep blue, but must say I'm always in doubt if it goes better with Gold or Silver hardware, I think it looks absolutely gorgeous with both!

(I will post my boy with ruthenium when I have it in hands)

Personally, I like light blue mini Chanel with the top handle in the photo you attached. It would be a neutral for me, bc I love cool pastel blues in the summer with white clothes.

I think it depends on what your wardrobe looks like. Are your blues mostly cool toned? Then get a cool blue bag. If it’s warm toned blues, get a warmer blue. It would look cohesive.

I also think it’s easier to match if you stick to either a light blue almost white or a dark blue navy close to black, because white and black are neutral colors that match any shade of blue you wear. It’s hard to match blues with everything. Some things to think about. lol