blonde hair and brown eyes is it even a genetic possiblity

Well when I was a kid I had naturally blond hair and brown eyes. These days it's turned to a light ashen brown, but that happens to everyone in my family as they age.

I also had blue eyes for a few weeks as a baby.

I grew up with sisters who had a blonde haired blue eyed mother and a malaysian dark hair, dark skin brown eyed father, the elder sister was dark skin dark eyes dark hair and the younger was blonde, dark skin and blue eyes. It was pretty odd as nobody ever thought they were related!

Hmm I've never actually seen an adult with brown eyes and naturally blonde hair. But, the actress Leighton Meester has said she's a natural blonde and she has really dark brown eyes.
I'd seen pics of Leighton as a blonde but I didn't know that was her natural colour, I thought it was bleached (her roots looked so dark)!! It looks so unnatural I think...

leighton-meester-house-42.jpg

She looks way better brunette!

I'm Scandinavian and saw this a lot at home..one of my best friends from high school had brown eyes and blonde hair...it's not as common, but there are quite a few...first guy I was ever seriously in love with too, very brown eyes, very light hair...(man, that was a long time ago, LOL)

Here's a better explanation:

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=54

If you've read the article, imagine the two lines you have drawn as chromosomes: one from mom, one from dad. If you take one strip of paper and drop it on top of the other, where they cross will be where the genes swap and mix. As explained in the article, statistically you are just going to get less "crosses" between genes that are closer together, like the blonde hair/blue eyes combo.

My mom has brown eyes and had blond hair until her early 60s-she had chemotherapy and her hair grew back dark.
I had white-blond hair and brown eyes as a child, but my hair got darker as I got older.

As a kid I was blue eyed and blond, now I'm blue eyed and pure snow white LOL! I pay alot of money to have that blond put in. Both of my parents were snow white before they were thirty funny though neither of my brothers have lost their color

I was very blonde as a child and teenager. My hair turned more of a dishwater ash blonde color as I've aged, but I also have golden brown eyes. I now highlight my hair to blend in the greys, so I'm lighter blonde again.