Blah Blah Blah Tiffany

These threads get so old, and gets circulated in each forum. "Why do you people buy LV, it's so ugly?" "Why do you people buy tokidoki, it's so childish." "Why do you buy Coach, it's not even a real designer." ad nauseum.

Everyone has their own personal taste, and it makes no sense to bash someone for liking one thing or the other. If you don't like Tiffany's, don't buy it, but don't bash the people that do.

Tiffany's is not really big here... but I also never understood the hearts etc.. The same with Coach (it's not known in Europe so you see through the marketing).

I have a nice European/belgian brand for you, very nice, cute and original! They are known for their silver but at aloharag.com they sell gold jewelry.

http://www.wouters-hendrix.com/

I have about 10 pieces from Tiffany but I steer away from the floating heart and the star - too 'sweet' for my liking. I like their O, mesh and atlas collections. I wear Tiffany when I have to attend business meeting - it still impresses people over here in Kuala Lumpur - after all, we only have 1 Tiffany and only since 4 years ago (I think). Plus, when gold is a norm here, I treasure all shops and boutiques that carry out silver jewelry. We still have room for Tiffany!

Oh I must have typo'd, it's Bat ami and here's the link, I know of some places that sell it if you are interested...
Bat-Ami Designer Silver Jewelry and Silver gift from Israel

By the way, I was not "bashing" anyone or anything. I am fully aware that Tiffany has and has had some very unique and amazing pieces, I was just complaining about the same old things and working in a place that used to sell such wonderful designers and is now selling the "same old things" you see everywhere because that is what most people are familiar with. I just wanted to see if there are people interested in the unique so I can talk my owners into keeping the smaller designers and not gearing toward what is "popular" just to make a buck. Hoping to get more people on board....that was all. I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was not at all what was meant!

I'm so happy that Tiffany's isn't that big in Europe. I can wear my Tiffany's items ,that I really like, without having to be annoyed by everyone else wearing the same things.

I firmly believe in supporting independent craftspeople over huge corporations like Tiffany. Tiffany has made their billions and will continue to do so. I found some fabulous pieces of artisan jewelry at our local nature museum once that I always get wonderful compliments on. We even have tPF members like Japster and Casto Creations that both make reasonably priced, beautiful and different jewelry from the status quo. Supporting folks like them by purchasing unique pieces of jewelry is far more appealing to me than possessing something from the "little blue box store". But to each his own.:shrugs:

All my Tiffany jewelry is gifted from my bf..that's why I love it more than anything..I still have the first bracelet with his engraved mssg of a promise..and now after years and years..it has been kept..my engagement ring is also a Tiffany. I didn't ask for it, and so it makes it more meaningful that he chose it. I'll post pics when it arrives. :smile:

These threads get so old, and gets circulated in each forum. "Why do you people buy LV, it's so ugly?" "Why do you people buy tokidoki, it's so childish." "Why do you buy Coach, it's not even a real designer." ad nauseum.

Everyone has their own personal taste, and it makes no sense to bash someone for liking one thing or the other. If you don't like Tiffany's, don't buy it, but don't bash the people that do.

Can't say it better myself! I love Tiffany mainstream pieces, and also those that are more unique/lesser known. The big plus about Tiffany is also resale, which you will not get with a lesser known brand. When you buy Tiffany, it's not just the jewelry, but the whole experience... everything from buying silverware to silver jewelry to my engagement ring/wedding bands has been a wonderful experience and service... this is why I will always go back.

I love my Tiffany's stuff...yes, it is very popular but it doesn't make me love it any less.

There are other fantastic designers out there...I just happen to love T&Co the most. :smile:

I agree with ATG--Tiffany's will always have a special place in the hearts of both myself and my SO :smile: