Blacky thingy arrived! *pics* But also some unsureness. Help?

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
So girls, my latest addition finally arrived and I won't let you wait hours for the reveal.

It is a black quilted regular stam bag from season 07. I always wanted a black stam after getting my light stams because of less worry about the color and the leather, but now after finally receiving her I am not sure whether it is love or not...

The leather is beautiful and I am definitive a stam bag girl, but somehow the black stam looks huge and very hard on me.

I modeled it the whole last night in front of the mirror to see how it fits. But didn't make up my mind... When I model my almond one, I somehow like it better...

What would you do? Keep it? Or let it go again? I have always wanted a black stam and really am suprised to see my actual reaction...

Some pics for you:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,177
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3,183
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 62
Some more pics. It has olive or khaki lining, which is lovely.

Also some comparison pics with my almond stam.

I will make some modeling pics later.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3,148
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,160
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,192
Fett~ Maybe give it some time, and if you are still unsure, let her go. I have sat on a bag for 2 months in my closet never using it. I did this as I was unsure. I decided to take her for a test spin, and alas it was not meant to be. I have found that your initial feeling is "usually" the right feeling. That has just been my experience.

the stam is gorgeous, but it sounds like you prefer lighter color stams. i would try it out for a week or so, and if you still feel the same way, then sell it. like ghost said, the initial reaction is usually the right one, but sometimes it takes some getting used to before you realize how much you love something. the situation will work out for you either way. good luck!

well ANY stam that you get in great condition would be a plus for me, LOL!!

Do you think it's the color that makes it seem to big for you? It looks like it's in great condition, so maybe it just isn't the right color. I know that I can love a bag in one color and get it in another and just not feel the same. Luckily you shouldn't have any trouble selling it. Give it a month or so, like Ghost said and then see how you feel. It's a beauty though!

Thank you girls for your comments.

I actually have a lot of black bags because it fits my wardrobe better and is less problematic to care for (I have MP, little stam and Venetia in quilted black and love those). This is why I really was suprised that it wasn't first love at the sight of a black stam especially as my dream duo were a beige and a black stam.

I think because the stam is pretty large and I am pretty petite, the dark color does make it look harder on me. Somehow like a little punkish. Only I am not very punkish at all... It also is much smooshier than my almond stam (actually feels nice).

The stam is in very good condition, so I will definetely give her a little as time as I also always wanted a black stam...

I will later or tomorrow make some modeling shots, so you can see what I mean, ok?

Very strange...

^^ I know what you are talking about. My Plum stam looks and feels rather large to me on. But I LOVE the color and the fact that it is elastic and overlook those tiny oddities. I do feel it is large....don't know why?

fett, it doesn't sound like you are in love with it, and i have found that if i don't love a bag, i won't use it and that money goes to waste. i can usually tell if i love a bag because i use it right away :yes:

i think it's a beautiful bag but if it's not for you, that's okay too. sometimes it happens. :heart:

I agree with Dawn. Sometimes a bag just doesn't feel right or maybe doesn't project the image of the person that you are. I say spend your money on something that will really make you swoon!

I love the Black Stam! You know, I think it is because a lot of the other Stam bags are such beautiful colors...they just "pop" and look really unique. When you see a black Stam, it can be a little underwhelming at first. It is not that initial "Wow" that you feel when you see a Stam in a lighter shade. But, I do think it is a wonderful, classic bag that would be a great addition to your collection. I have a lot of Stams and I know that when I see my black Stam, it is not a "showstopper" that some of the others are. It's still one of my faves, though. It will go with anything and just take the chain off and see how it looks without it. I think it is beautiful.

If you truly don't love it after awhile, then definitely part with it. If the "punkish" vibe turns you off, then you will never be happy. (I LOVE the punkish vibe of it, but I still think I am 25, living out my punk days!) I would give it a go, though. Don't rush to get rid of it. If you bought this off of E-bay or got this at a discount, then take your time. If you change your mind, I am sure there are lots of ladies that would be happy to take this one off of your hands!!

Hm, thank you for the comments. I took a few pics meanwhile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

What do you think. Actually does not look that bad as I though modling it in front of my mirror...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,131
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,422
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,414
oh I think it looks terrible on you! so you should just send it over my way and I'll take this truly ugly thingy off your hands! lol! seriously, it is STUNNING on you. Very classy and not punkish at all. give it awhile and see how you feel, you can always get rid of it then. I have had a bag I bought and absolutely hated, (a bbag). I kept it for almost 9 months then pulled it out again with the intention of selling it. I now love this bag and wouldn't sell it for the world! it's one of my favorites. so just don't do anything impulsive. It really looks way too good on you.