Black Violet owners - thoughts?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
For those of you who have bags in BV, are you liking it? Does it match with a lot of colors? I think it's so gorgeous but haven't been able to take the plunge yet. I don't have any purple bags.

I LOVE mine!! I got the BV in the small Phoebe. The color is absolutely stunning, especially in the sunlight. I think it's actually more neutral than it seems- it has kind of a black undertone and goes with a lot of things I would generally wear black with. It also looks great with my black leather jacket, because it is subtle but gives a nice bit of color. I tend to wear a lot of red, blue, and purple, and black, so I think it depends on your wardrobe. If you like purple, you'll love this color! Which bag are you looking at in BV?

I don't have a black violet bag, but I have one in eggplant, which is pretty close. I have to tell you, I love the dark purples this season! It matches a lot more than you would think! I wear a lot of gray, navy, browns, khaki and greens with this bag. I've even worn black with it and it looks good.

For those of you who have bags in BV, are you liking it? Does it match with a lot of colors? I think it's so gorgeous but haven't been able to take the plunge yet. I don't have any purple bags.
I have a BV Haley and absolutely love it! As crazy as it sounds the bag goes with everything. I have noticed that BV is slightly different between the different lines, ie Madison seems more purple and in the legacy line it is more brownish purple.

Thanks everyone! I was looking at the small Phoebe at the mall today, just for kicks. I had a large Phoebe a while back and didn't like it, as it was too huge for me. I also like the Madison mini satchel in BV. I haven't gotten serious about getting either of them, but there is a big sale coming up at Belk and I could get the BV small Phoebe for 25/20 off. Not a bad deal! I love the color! So good to see everyone enjoying theirs!

I have the small Phoebe in Black Violet. The color goes with everything. There is enough brown/black mixed in with the purple that it seems to pick up different colors in different light. This is the first bag of this color that I've ever had, and I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't ever find it looking "off" with my outfit.

I have the large BV phoebe and I love it. I wear a lot of black and chocolate brown in the fall and it goes great with those colors.:smile:

I have Black Violet Phoebe in the small size. I love it. It is a very dark purple, so it goes with lots of things. It also goes with a lot of purple colors. It brings out lavender tones and really works with light and dark purple tones. I also wear with greens and emerald colors as a contrast. It also looks great with black and dark colors because it is such a deep color. I highly recommend.

Great feedback all - thanks! It's a color I didn't consider much before doing some consolidation/returning. I am trying to decide if i want a bag in this color or if I want to buy an Abigail in black. I had one a while back and regret getting rid of it. Needing a black (or similar dark color) shoulder bag.

I purchased the legacy large clutch in this color and it is my first pop of color bag. I LOVE it! It is really surprising Joe many colors it looks good with. It's a deep purple that is not too dark and just bright enough to show the true tone of purple! You can't go wrong with a bag this color! 😃

I have a double zip wallet in Black Violet, and so far it's been my soldier wallet. Works in all situations, and I like slumming around, and then...bam, there's my wallet. Boo ya.

I have the BV Madeline and am considering several more bags/accessories in the BV! I LOVE it and find it extremely versatile! IMO most purples (except, perhaps, very light or "bright") are neutrals...I find it goes with everything!