black slacks?

missme411

Jun 2, 2009
I have to wear black slacks to work (or black 'khakis' if that makes sense! LOL!). However, I can not find a pair that fit!! I don't have a ton of money to shell out on some designer pants to wear to work. (It's a crazy job. I travel around to new opening restaurants and train wait staff/bar tenders for a well known chain.)

14's are just too big and 12's are just too tight through my thighs. And the waist is just waaay to big if it fits other areas! As far as I know (which could possibly not be a lot) an alteration in regards to anything other than a hem gets very pricey!

Help! Surely I am not the only one out there who has experienced this problem.

I don't have a specific brand to recommend. What I do recommend is get the 14 and tailor them down. When I was waiting tables, black Dickies always worked for me but had to be sized down. However it wasn't much of a fashion statement! lol Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help!

I agree with the first commenter! Get a tailor!

If you have a lot of dough to shell out, definitely consider using a portion of that for tailoring. There is nothing better than a pair of pants (or anything) that are made to fit, and you might find that it won't even cost that much.

I think usually for such alterations, it'd be about $30.

I'm not sure if this will help, but my thighs are also disproportionate to my waist and I've always been able to find a really great (and consistent!) fit with Banana Republic pants.

Also, it's always best to fit the largest part of you - it's a very easy and inexpensive alteration to take in the waist on a pant or jean. I agree with Jozee ^^, I've never been charged more than $30 for this and I always take my pants to Nordstrom for alternations - you could probably have it done for much cheaper if you found a tailor to work with regularly.