black patent tote in March Vogue

May 23, 2006
Anybody know anything about this bag? It's being worn by Barbara Atkin, fashion director of the Canadian department store Holt Renfrew. No details are provided. Is it an older (even vintage) bag? Or is it something new that we haven't seen here on tPF yet????

attachment.php

attachment.php

(It's not the patent F/W 06 Diamond Shine or the S/S 07 Luxury tote.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chanel black patent tote.JPG
    Chanel black patent tote.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Chanel black patent tote 2.JPG
    Chanel black patent tote 2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Chanel diamond shine tote.jpg
    Chanel diamond shine tote.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Chanel luxury tote.JPG
    Chanel luxury tote.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 307
On the one hand, the bag with gold hardware that Atkin is wearing looks sort of "vintage-y." But on the other hand, patent hasn't been "in" for a while, and Chanel hasn't made patent bags for a while that I can recall. And as someone in the fashion industry, she would have access to upcoming bags that haven't hit the shelves yet.

Chanel makes at least one version of a patent bag every season I think. I agree it looks vintage to me.
Especially if the hardware is gold. I've been having problems finding hardware that isn't silver coloured. The classics have gold chains, but the recent seasonal pieces are usually silver. If this bag has a gold chain (and it looks like it in the picture) than it could be an older bag.

Yes, I agree that most bags (by Chanel and other designers) in recent years have had silver hardware. But then, beginning around last fall, you started seeing gold hardware creep back in. Some of the department stores like Neimans were pushing that whole "black-and-gold" theme for F/W 06, remember? So perhaps Chanel will come around for you Jayne1!

Yes, I agree that most bags (by Chanel and other designers) in recent years have had silver hardware. But then, beginning around last fall, you started seeing gold hardware creep back in. Some of the department stores like Neimans were pushing that whole "black-and-gold" theme for F/W 06, remember? So perhaps Chanel will come around for you Jayne1!
That would be nice! :yes:

If that is a pre-launch bag that she has on and it might be coming out later, my soon-to-be initiated purse ban is already in some serious trouble! :rolleyes: (for the sake of my wallet please let that be some vintage treasure that I could never possibly get ahold of. Please.)